Chapter 2

I woke up to the bright light of the sun. I didn’t want to wake up, not from the softness of my bed. “I’m in bed, in my own bed” I shoot up and jumped out of bed, I look around…I was home.

“Maya, breakfast will be ready in 10 minutes, so get ready” a voice appear. It was dad, how glad I am to hear his voice.

I walk to the bathroom to brush my teeth and I look up into the mirror. Was it all a dream? The question I kept asking myself. I wash my face and walked back to my room, I shut the door and lay back on to my bed and waited until I hear my dad call.

It felt like nothing happened to me, no broken bones, cuts or stabs. I got up to check my body just in case. I look in the mirror and see a tattoo on my back of two wing, that’s what it looks like but where the hell did I get it! I am pretty sure I wasn’t drunk because I’m not allowed to drink!

If dad saw this…if he saw this he would kill me! He would away my freedom…not like I had much from the beginning but still!

“Maya, breakfast” Dad shouts.

I quickly put on shorts with tights underneath and T-shirt and went downstairs to the kitchen. Dad was reading his daily newspaper and George eating his toast with nutella. It was Sunday; one week holiday has past by too quickly. I came in heating my milk then bring it to the table; I then poured the coco pops in my bowl.

“Going back to school tomorrow. Do you have everything you need?” he asks.

“Dad my shirt button” George says calmly “you forget again”.

Dads put his hands on his face then move then to the back of his head. He looked at George, then at me, and then back to George “How did the buttons come off George?” Dad became serious.

I look down to George then I look up not facing anyone. George has changed since the accident with mum and our sister, he gets detention, hangs with the wrong crowd but he is a good guy. If he hangs with Liam he will be. “Don’t worry, I already did it for you. It should be in the pile of clothes to iron” I say. I look at dad staring at him to let him know that it was his job.

“Ok I get it Maya, I’m off to do the ironing” he gets and walks off.

I look at George and he looks at me “thanks” he says and then puts his plate I the sink with dads pushes back his dark brown hair then yawns and walks up to his room. I clean all the dishes and dry them hen put them away. I stretch my arms out and then went outside to get some fresh air. I sat on the bench daydreaming about the nightmare I had. To me it seemed so really, but…

“Maya, I forgot to ask how’s Rex…and he’s party?” he questions me “did you have fun? And can you explain to me what time you came back” he continues. I did not want to answer him but I knew I won’t be able to leave without telling. “Well Rex was pretty happy turning sixteen. The party was great and it was funny when Luke tried to kiss Lily with a mouthful a chocolate”

“That not what I was asking for Maya!”

I bow my head, showing I wasn’t doing this on purpose. I do things which drives him crazy but I'm a teenager isn't that what i am supposed to do.

“I need to pack my stuff for school” I quietly say enough for him to hear.

“Now wait right there Maya” he snaps “I have had enough excuses. Why did you come home late, your only 15” he continues for a while.

“At least the party was three doors down the street, so give her a break” a sighs from behind us it was Rebecca she then smiles and walk over to us. Rebecca is my dad’s girlfriend, she a nice person and cool as well. She and my dad go out every Friday night, which leaves me to baby sit my brother. However not this week because dad had too much work on his hands, he works as a history teacher in colleges. Lucky I’m not going to do history or I might have my own dad teaching my but then again I might not want to go to the same college; I don't want him checking up on me.

“Yeah dad, give me a break” I tease him but I got a warning stare from him. I ran before I got into more trouble. I close my bedroom door and sat down and I notice the silky pink bag with golden flower patterns. I breathed in deeply then out, and picked the bag up and opening it to find small cubes. I throw them back on the table and turned around…Moon standing in front of me, it shocked me and I stumbled back sitting on my chair watching her.

I could hear my heart beating rapidly, I swear she could hear it too, each step she took made me feel like my heart was going to explode.

“You thought you got away” She smirks at me and grabs the collar of my shirt and pulls me back up “well think again, you will do what say” she snaps, and lets go of my collar and turns around and walks to my bed “you don’t want to die all over again, it’s thanks to us you’re living”

“Moon stop” Sun interrupts, then looks to me and carries on talking “forgive her she has to be mean to get her way" She paused for minute before continuing "Maya you do remember our deal?” She asked quietly waiting her some kind of response. I close my eyes. I knew what she saying, I open my eyes and nodded. Sun made a faint smile, and Moons expression didn’t changed she stared at me then turned her head away.

“You need to tell me everything I need to know because you didn’t give me a lot of information” I point.

They didn’t say anything but I was getting impatient “Well are you going to say something or not!” I shout.

“What else do you want to know?” Moon calmly asks. I think what I could ask but nothing really calm to mind, then one came up…their brother. I Began to breath in then out “Your brother…who is he? I ask

“Well He’s called Ash, here he has jet black longish messy hair, I mean he could comb it once in a while -”

“Wait Ash, there are many people named Ash” I sigh.

She continues “does he have purple eye? Wait don’t ask that he must of changed them, but let’s check them out. I might find out more information so we don’t have to look at every single Ash” She says. Moon stood up then walked to my door.

“Wait you are going out of my room”

“You’re right I can’t go out like this” Moon says.

I comb back my hair with my hands “I mean why you are walking out of my door, what if my dad sees you” I shout quietly“

Moon sighed and sat on my chair, while Sun was standing looking around my room. “Maybe we could get a witch to cast a spell on him letting us stay” moon suggests.

I shake my head “No! Wait where are you going to find a witch?

“They are always a few that live in this world, only a few that is” Moon answers.

“Well don’t want you putting spells on him…maybe I could persuade him or…” I cross my arms and started thinking.

“Or pretend to be school nurses” sun chips in.

“Yeah that could work. Do that” I agreed.

Moon crossed her arms once again and thought about it, and then a smirk appeared on my face. “we still need the witch to help us but I guess we could wait until tomorrow, but that does mean I won’t be popping in from time to time, so get used to it” moon finishes then stands next to sun.

I blink and they were gone. I should have asked them how they were going to be nurses at the school. Oh wait they know a witch, who will help them. Well at least their sorted, but I still don’t know how the hell I’m going to get use to this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed it!