Lost in the Night

"Oh Sephy! I didn't know they still had it! I mean..all in all you didn't have to get it for me. I mean, I could've bought it for myself."

"No no, it's fine Tifa. After all, I don't mind paying for a girl like you."

Tifa looks at him, smiling brightly as she continues to walk with him. It's like nobody exists in their small little world. By the time they gotten to the restaurant, They both would be sitting across from each other. They made each other's silence comfortable as Tifa smiles, looking at him as Sephiroth give her glances as he was looking at the Menu. Tifa looks around, then sighing. He looks up at her.

"What's wrong Tifa?"

"I..nothing"

"No there's something, tell me."

"Well..it's just..remembering when Cloud didn't feel the same..felt like I gotten dumped even though we weren't dating at all!"

Sephiroth puts down the menu, grabbing her hand, kissing it gently. Looking at her

"I'm not Strife. I won't leave you, death has to take me."

 He gave a small smirk, looking at Tifa as Tifa smiles once more.

"Thanks Seph..I..I have to be honest, I thought you were a pretty mean guy."

"I mean..as a friend once told me, we're soulless but not loveless."

"Who told you that?"

"...You don't know him. But his name is Genesis"

"Was he a close friend of yours?"

"..One of the 4 closest to me at the time"

"Who were the other three?"

"Angeal, Zack, and Strife to a certain extent. I mean I was training him but there was not a day that didn't pass by, him knocking on my door so he could spend time with me."

Tifa giggles, listening to his story.

"Angeal was the one who taught me the recipe from two nights ago and Zack..Zack was the only one who wasn't soulless. He kept himself intact throughout everything. Even I couldn't tell if he was truly soulless but putting up a front or he was still himself. I couldn't tell."

Tifa nods her head, looking at Sephiroth.

"You know..As much I want to stay with you, you do know I have a bar to run right?"

"With Cloud knowing that you're with me? Yeah I would suggest to relocate."

"Oh, I suppose you're right. But thats building from the ground up all over again."

"I have the funds for it back at ShinRa. Call it Seventh Heaven part two or Eighth heaven. Whichever you prefer. It's best for people to assume that you're missing then with me. After all with the reputation I have, it's best to keep a low profile."

Tifa nods her head. Knowing that he was right, she was apart of Avalanche, and he works for ShinRa. With the reputation that both of them have, it'll be hard to go back to her friends, after what Cloud saw. Maybe she could go back to them, but even she's unsure about it. Sephiroth seems like a nice man as it is, and if he wanted to kill her, he would've done so by now. Maybe Sephiroth has a different idea on how to use her? She is unsure but...even so, he gives her comfort, so he wouldn't dare to do so. Sephiroth holds her hand, squeezing it gently.

"Tifa? Are you okay?"

"Huh? Yeah! What happened?"

"You were lost in thought, I ordered for us."

"Oh, thank you Sephiroth!"

She smiles at him as he kisses her forehead gently. He looks into her eyes, knowing that he can't keep her by his side forever. He can't keep anything by his side, as it was shown through Zack, Angeal, and Genesis. But he refuses for this moment to end. He hopes that it never ends, he feels like deep inside, she makes him whole, like a piece of him was in her the whole time. He looks at her, having a tear in his eye, not even acknowledging the tear in his eye. Tifa wiped his cheek, looking at him

"Sephiroth? Are you okay?"

Sephiroth shakes his head, then nodding his head.

"Yes, I'm sorry I'm unaware of what just occurred. What happened?"

Tifa giggles, smiling.

"Looks like we both are little airheads! You just started to tear up while being dazed. And the food is here!"

He looks down at the shrimp platter, spaghetti, wine, and bread sticks that came to their table. He blinks, then looks at Tifa.

"Ah..I see. Thank you for telling me Tifa."

Tifa smiles, holding his hand, nodding her head. Then they started to eat.

~A few moments later~

After they were done eating and Sephiroth paid for the dinner, they left, strolling back to Sephiroth's apartment. Tifa looks up at Sephiroth, smiling.

"Thank you so much for the dinner Sephy!"

"Ah, anything for the woman who is a gem like you."

"Aw..Sephy you flatter me!"

Sephiroth chuckles, putting an arm around her as they walked. By the time they get to the door, Sephiroth looks at her, as Tifa looked up at him. He leans down to her, as Tifa goes on her tippy toes, for them to kiss. Sephiroth holds her close, savoring every moment of the kiss. As they broke the kiss, Sephiroth smiles for once, as he looks at her.

"I enjoyed tonight."

"I did too Sephiroth"

He opened the door, letting Tifa go in first, then Sephiroth follows in after her, closing the door. The rest of the night went smoothly as they went to bed, but the thought he had during dinner never left him. He doesn't wish to harm her, but he doesn't wish to lose her either.