CHAPTER THREE - LIES AND GAMES

The next day it is a wonderful morning and Dad was still on my apartment. He booked his flight going to Seattle at 10:00 in the morning and after he booked his flight we ate breakfast and we dropped him off outside of the airport. Dad went to Seattle to settle some business matters.

I went to the firm right after we dropped off my dad at the airport. I went to my office as usual and played some instrumental music of blues and poured a scotch in my glass and have a little bit of drink. Then, I heard someone behind me.

'Good morning, handsome.' She said with a smile on her face

As I turn around to see who it was speaking, I couldn't believe it. Kei Doza also a former prosecutor that I used to work with now also working at a huge firm based on United Kingdom. She flew all the way from United Kingdom to New York. As I see her standing at the entrance of my office something popped up in my mind saying 'I never thought she would ever come to New York.' She was stunning as ever wearing her suit.

'What are you doing here?' I replied asking her in a plain tone while smiling at her.

'Is that how you treat a former loved one now.' She answered in a sarcastic tone.

'I can treat you anyway you want to.' I replied in a sarcastic tone 'I was just asking what are you doing here.' I said in a plain tone with a smirk on my face.

'What I'm doing here is to visit you, I know that it has been such a long time and we haven't communicated since I left for UK and I missed you.' She replied in a plain tone.

I got caught off guard of what she said.

'It has been a long time, I missed you too.' I replied with a smile on my face.

'I wanted to let you know that I am getting married soon, Thor.' She told me in a plain serious tone.

I was just standing in front of her like an idiot with my mouth open having the urge to say something but I couldn't say anything back to her. I got surprised by the news that she told me and I looked at her like the first time I met her and when the time we got to know each other. We both made eye contact and I couldn't stop thinking about how our relationship ended. While there is still some residue left in my heart for her but I was too late. Then she left my office with a smile on her face. I turned around looked at the view outside my window with a shot of scotch in my glass while holding the glass with my right hand and I felt my heart was shattered to pieces. Then, I went to the managing partner's office to have a talk Lianna but instead of the talking it's work stuff. 

'Thor, good thing you're here. I have a client for you to close a deal with.' She said in a plain tone.

'Who?' I replied asking her in a plain serious tone.

'His name is Tony Rogers of Rogers Industries. Get there before someone closes him and Thor, I trust you on this one.' She answered with a rush on her tone.

'I'll go get closing then.' I replied in a serious tone. 

I left her office went straight to the elevator and called Jay to bring the car around and as I am heading down to the ground level of the firm to get out of the main exit of the firm. I got into the car and sat down to clear my mind a bit. As we are traveling someone called me a blocked caller. 

'Hello? Who is this?' I asked the caller in a serious tone.

'Back off! Thor Harrisson! You will never close the deal with Rogers Industries! I will close him myself!' He replied in a tone of prejudice.

'Listen, I don't know how you know my name but let's get one thing clear. I'm never gonna back off. I don't break that easily. You wanna close him? Go ahead. What you don't know is that, I ALWAYS WIN.' I said in a serious tone.

'If you won't back ---' He replied in a tone of anger.

'If you won't back--- What? I don't have time for your games so better go back to what you were doing in the first place.' I replied in an annoyed tone and ended the call.

Finally, we have arrived at Rogers Industries and as I got out of the car. I walked heading to the entrance of the building and went inside and approached the guard to ask where I can meet Tony Rogers the CEO of the company himself. The guard told me that Mr. Rogers is at the 50th floor of the building and I went to the elevator to go to the 50th floor of the building. As soon as I arrived at the 50th floor. I noticed that the floor is empty and mostly silent until someone called me by my name.

'Thor Harrisson, the ACE of CHU MCCALL. It is nice to finally meet you.' He said in a tone of intimidation. 

'Who are you?' I replied asking him in a calm tone.

'Oh, I am your opposite my name is Travis Thornes.' He replied in a sarcastic tone with intimidation.

'Opposite? Really?' I replied and asked with a smirk on my face.

'Yes, really. Do you think Tony Rogers was real? We LIED to the managing partner of the firm you worked at to finally set you up and meet your match.' He replied in a serious tone.

'You think by intimidating me? You think i'm getting scared of you? You know if you really are my match? What's the point of me being here?' I replied in a way of asking what he actually plans.

'What's the point of you being here? Then let me tell you what's the point of you being here. My associates and partners are working their asses off to poach your clients one by one. We will triple our offer to them rather than your offer.' He replied with a smirk on his face. 

'Poach them all you want, go ahead. I don't care if you got a lot of money to poach them. Cause at the end. I'd still win them back no matter what the cost. The difference between you and me? Thornes. You wanna lose small and I wanna WIN BIG.' I replied in a serious tone facing him face-to-face with my eyes looking at his eyes for him to be intimidated.

'You'll never win, Thor!' He replied in a tone of prejudice.

'I just won.' I replied while leaving from the 50th floor of the building. 

I entered the elevator and pressed the ground floor button and as soon as the elevator was on the ground floor, I went out of the elevator and left the building and I got into the car to head back to the firm. While in the car I grabbed my phone from my secret pocket and called Lianna about the situation and what was it all about. While ringing, I couldn't stop thinking why Travis Thornes did this in the first place. Does he have any prejudice on me or have we crossed paths before in the court of law.

Finally, Lianna answered the phone call. 

'Lianna, Rogers Industries is real but Tony Rogers doesn't exist he was a fake.' I told her over the phone.

'Then who was it?' She asked in a serious tone.

'Travis Thornes also happens to be a lawyer and I do not know anything about this guy yet or what he truly wants.' I replied in a plain tone.

'Then figure out who he is cause I could not afford being lied to.... again.' She replied in a tone of anger. 

'I will figure it out and he'll eventually fold.' I replied in serious tone.

'Good, make him.' She replied in a tone of anger and ended the call.

Travis Thornes will meet Thor Harrisson again. Whatever Thornes plan is he'll eventually fold. He wanna play games? He got me and I got the cards.