CHAPTER FOUR - THE BEST CLOSER

A week later

I had a dream that my license for being a lawyer got disbarred and in my dream Travis Thornes was there having an argument with the district attorney and debating about his reputation. In the dream he was also trying to poach one of my clients and I went to confront him to the point that he got under my skin and I exploded his face with a right hook punch. His nose bled and he threatened me that he'll get me disbarred.

I woke up and I got out of bed, I head to the kitchen to cook eggs and bacon for breakfast and after I ate my breakfast. I went to the bathroom to take a shower and get out fresh. I brushed my teeth and floss my teeth. I put on my suit and tie and I went out of my condo heading straight to the elevator and inside the elevator. I pressed the ground floor button and as I was inside the elevator Kei called and wanted to meet up with me.

As the elevator reached the ground floor, I got out and headed straight to the lobby and went out of the building Jay was already waiting for me. I opened the door of the car and got inside of the car and sat down. Thinking, why would she call me to meet up with her. What could the reason be?

'Jay, go to this address. I have something to take care of.... first..... before I meet up with Kei.' I said in a plain tone.

As my driver was driving the car to the address of the person whom I suppose to meet with this morning and while I'm on the back seat trying to get a little bit of nap; Lianna called and informed me about a case that she would give to me as soon as I arrive at the firm.

'I'm gonna take care of something first. I'll be there when I'm done with this.' I replied to her in a plain tone.

'You better be here or this case is nothing.' She replied in a serious tone and she ends the call.

As soon as we arrived at the address, I got out of the car and told Jay to wait for me. I went for a little walk to get to the gate and I pressed the doorbell and the doorbell rang inside the person's house. The gate was opened and one of the household staff brought me to the house of this person. She opens the door and greeted me with good morning. She let me in to her house.

'Would you like some tea?' She asked in a plain tone.

'Sure, I'd love to have some.' I replied in a plain tone with a smirk on my face.

She picks up a bell and rang it then a household server came in the living room and she ordered to get us some tea then the household server left and went to the kitchen to grab some tea. While we were talking about her business the household server came in to deliver us the tea. I grabbed mine and she grabbed hers. She introduced herself and we talked about my work at the firm.

'Tell me, how long have you been working at the firm?' She asked me in serious tone.

'I've been working at the firm for 5 years.' I replied in a plain tone.

'How many cases have you won in your 5 years working at the firm?' She asked in plain tone.

'200 cases to be exact.' I replied with a smirk on my face.

'Good, do you have any record of losing?' She asked in a serious tone.

'First, I hate losing. Second, I don't easily give up and I don't easily break. Third, if you become my client you don't have to worry about going to trial or not. Cause to top it off? I always win no matter the cost.' I replied in a serious tone.

'What if you'll lose?' She asked in a plain tone.

'Then, we'll find a way to win and as they say the ace has always the high card.' I replied with a smirk on my face.

'Very well, you're hired.... Mr—' She replied in a plain tone.

'Thor Harrisson.' I replied in a tone of excitement.

'Very well, Mr. Harrisson. Looking forward doing business with you.' She replied in a tone of excitement.

'I just need you to sign here and we're all good, Ms. Miller Gatsby.' I replied in a plain tone.

She signs the forms and documents to be one of my clients and as soon as we were done with everything. I left her house and walked out of the gate. I got inside of the car and we headed straight to Kei's place.

As soon as we arrived at Kei's. I took a deep breath and got out of the car. When I was out of the car, Kei suddenly shows up opening the door to her house. She told me to come in and I went inside to her house. We talked about her plans for her marriage.

She's nervous and she doesn't know what to say. She's speechless for everything that has happened and she confessed that she still has feelings for me. She told me that she tried so hard to avoid her feelings for me but she says she can't help it and she can't avoid it.

I was caught off guard and was surprised by the situation. I told her to figure it out and think about your decision.

'If you're ready for marriage? Go for it. I won't stop you, Kei. You always wanted to be happy and you are happy. I just don't know why would you change your mind just because of your feelings for me.' I said in a plain tone.

'Because it's hard! It's hard!' She replied in a tone of regret.

'Do you regret the decision you made for him? What's gonna happen if he finds out about your feelings for me?' I asked her in a concerned tone.

'I do regret! I never wanted for us to split up. The day of my flight to United Kingdom. I missed you every minute, every second, every hour. However, you're here in New York and after I left we never communicated. Do you know how hard it was for me to recover from that?' She told me in a tone of sadness while she's crying.

'I know, it's hard and I missed you too.' I replied in a plain tone.

She leans in and kissed me then I remembered our first kiss when we started dating back then. The softness of her lips makes me crazy and I kissed her too. She grabs me on the neck and she sat on top of me and while I was kissing her too with my hands on her waist. I kissed her neck as she unbuttons my top and as she kissed me I unbuttoned her top as well, she stood up and grabbed my hand and brought me to her room. She pushed me into the bed and as she strips off her clothes. She removed my belt and opened my pants. While I squeeze her soft breasts and she moans sensually. Later on, we were done and I have to get to the firm. I get dressed and kissed her in the forehead and told her to think about her decision.

I got out of her house and headed to the car. Jay opened the back door of the car and I got in and sat down at the back seat of the car. Jay entered the driver seat of the car and started it. He drove me straight to the firm and while traveling I was thinking deeply about Kei. Every feeling we had the time when we were dating comes back.

Finally, we have arrived at the firm. I got out of the car and entered the firm. I went straight to my office and grabbed the deal that Ms. Miller Gatsby signed. I went to Lianna's office and gave her the signed deal.

'Another new client.' She said in a plain tone.

'Of course, that's a good thing right?' I asked in a sarcastic tone.

'Of course it is a good thing, closer. You are one of the best closer that we have here in this firm. Make sure you stay as one of the best.' She replied in a happy tone.

While she complimented me smiling, she grabbed a folder that contains a case. I got surprised cause I don't normally do this kind of case. I accepted it, of course. This is an opportunity for my career.

'That's the case that you'll be handling.' She said in a plain tone.

'What is it?' I replied with asking in a plain tone.

'PRO BONO - SEXUAL HARRASMENT' She replied in a serious tone.

'Okay, I'll take it.' I replied in a plain tone.

This is gonna take a lot of work and as I said 'I never give up and I don't break easily.' Time to win some case.