019

Everyone left the next day, which actually made me somewhat sad. I loved the group of friends I had, and I wished I could be with them in person all the time.
Once everyone got home, they posted their photos of us in our outfits, and Eret tweeted that a vlog he made while he was here would be up soon. He had asked us all beforehand if he could vlog, and we all said yes. I told him he could on the condition that he wouldn't do it while we were outside of our house. He agreed, of course.
People were freaking out online about photos that had me in them, which made me realize that it was a full body photo, which was more than dream had done. I chuckled and shrugged. At least I looked good.
"There's gonna be so much fanart of you four in your dresses, you know that right?" Clay said as he walked into the studio. I looked at him over my monitor.
"Yeah, I know. Good for the artists, they get to express their creativity." I told him. He nodded and sat down. In the discord that the Dream SMP server had, I had sent the photo of us four together with me without my veil. Below it, I said that the photo was to stay in the server and not leave it. People responded, understanding why, and commented on how we all looked.
I popped on the server shortly after, and continued working on my plan. It wasn't long before someone joined the call I was in.
"Hi Peaches." It was Wilbur.
"Hey Will, whats up?" I asked.
"Are you streaming?" He asked.
"No." I stated. "Why?"
"I just wanted to pop in to tell you that you looked really nice in your dress." He commented. I paused what I was doing.
"Oh, thank you!" I said. I was smiling so much my cheeks hurt.
"No problem." He said. "That's all I came to say, have a good day."
He left the call immediately after. I paused and leaned back in my chair, smiling like a fool.
"What are you smiling about?" Clay asked from his desk.
"How the hell do you know I'm smiling?" I questioned, sitting up and looking over at him.
"You always lean back when you smile really hard. What happened?"
"Wilbur joined the call I was in, and told me I looked nice in my dress." I explained. He nodded before continuing what he was doing.

I met Clays mom for the first time today. We weren't expecting her to come over, well, at least I didn't. I hadn't met her yet, and was somewhat excited but also nervous. Clay reassured me that she was really sweet, and that I would be just fine.
"So you're the Emmaline Clay has been talking about! It's nice to meet you sweetheart!" She greeted me before giving me a hug. I was taken aback by this lady's open kindness, but I liked it. We talked for a while, I told her about where I was from and what I went to college for. She joked that me going to college to become a history teacher was better than not going at all. I chuckled at that, and looked over at Clay, who had rolled his eyes.
He eventually left us to talk alone while he did who knows what in the studio. I heard him start talking, so I assumed he was streaming, or in a stream with someone. Looking at the time, probably Tommy. It started to get late, so me and his mom decided to make dinner together, y'know, to bond. Or something. She was in the middle of mixing some ingredients to make biscuits together when Clay came out, asking if she could come say hello to one of his friends. I looked over at him, and I raised an eyebrow. She agreed, and after checking the gravy I was making, followed them. Turns out Clay was actually streaming with Tommy, like I had guessed, and Tommy wanted to meet his mom. From what I could tell, it was hilarious.
We finished making dinner, and Clay joined us. After cleaning up, she left, and gave me another hug.
"I like your mom." I stated after I closed the door behind her. He let out a laugh.
"If only I could meet yours." He said, coming over and giving me a quick kiss.
"That would require a flight to Seattle and a ferry to Bainbridge Island." I told him.
"You grew up on an island?" He asked.
"Well, kind of. I lived on the outskirts of Seattle up until I was seven. We moved to Bainbridge after that." I explained.
"Why did you guys move?" He asked as we settled in on the couch to watch a movie.
"My dad was a terrible smoker and died of lung cancer when I was seven. The house was horrible and it wasn't going to do my mother and I any good. So we moved." I stated. He nodded.