Chapter 2

Snap

The wooden floor creaked against her feet, gentle eyes gazed at the sleeping child just right next to her.

"Mama?"a whispy voice called out, alerting the still sleepy teen.

"Good morning Little Angel"the teen giggled, scooping the 6 year old into her arms, small green orbs stared into her before laughing.

"Morning Mama!"

Oh how beautiful her little girl was. She knew Angel wasn't hers, but she can't help but fall in love with her soft giggles and brightness.

"Mama made pancakes while you where asleep"the teen cooed, earning a gummy smile from the child on her arms.

The scene was quite domestic, it was sweet and fluffy like a pancake. "Here comes the airplane!"Yua teased, gently shoving the spoonful of pancake into Angel's open mouth.

Yua was lucky the Angel wasn't fussy like other babies. The teen flinched a little when she heard the sound of the alarm.

"Ah, it's almost time"she mumbled, immediately scooping Angel into her arms with her bag on her shoulders already, Angel's bag also on her arms.

The two walked out of the old yet functioning house. It wasn't much but beggars can't be choosers, the owner was dead anyways.

Yua covered the half of her face with a mask, a force of habit from living in the inner rings of the Red district. Yua knew they where safe, but she knew better than trust people.

Her feet silently trudged towards the day care, gray eyes lingered towards the teacher who was waiting for the other students.

"Look there Angel, teacher's already waiting"

The child perked up, jumping out her arms before rushing towards the brunette teacher who had a bright smile. Angel paused for a second, before running towards her mother, pulling her down before leaving a peck.

"I love you Mama!"

It was a small gesture...but it already made Yua's day.

Yua made her way into the music department. Yua was not an avid singer, but her voice control shocked the board, begging her to join the department once she showed it. Then again, it was something she was thought by a retired singer when she was still living in the red district. A nifty trick to confuse people, dangerous people.

Her head was drowning with thoughts, she forgot that her co-worker called in sick today, so she knew she had to work 2 hours extra to cover for Penny's absence. She didn't noticed that she walked into a fight.

She had to knew better, her years of living in the Red district had to at least sharpened her surrounding awareness right?

Nope! Yua might be as slippery as a snake but she isn't superhuman! But her reflex............is nothing to scoff at.

The crowd formed around the two freshmen. A thick air of violence was visible on Zack. The new one though...he looked quiet nervous. Was he not a fighter?

But before they can even notice it, an unknown figure was walking through the fight as if there was nothing going on. The crowd froze, it was a girl, her eyebrows furrowed yet eyes glazed as if she was in deep thoughts.

"Oi what the fuck do you think you're doing-"Zack roared, aggressively touching her shoulder but before he can even notice it. He found himself unable to finish his sentence, vision now looking onto the ground. A strange feeling he never experienced before, he was puking his guts out with just a simple kick.

"Don't touch me"she growled