Insomnia - Bang Christopher Chan

"I can't sleep, Chris", the girl mumbled, climbing in her most trusted person's bed, needing his warmth.

"Come here", the boy replied, not surprised. It was normal for the girl to have trouble falling asleep, seemingly the only thing helping her to do so being the boy's embrace. He didn't mind holding her and having her falling asleep in his arms tho.

"Thank you Chris", the girl replied, snuggling into the boys embrace, smiling as he pulled her closer.

Chan was the only person the girl really trusted. She had trouble trusting others, but the boy made it so easy for her to open up. She often made bad experiences when she trusted others in her young years, what caused her to keep everything to herself and try to stay away from everyone.

As mentioned, Chan changed that.

It started with her hanging out with one of her few friends, Felix, and Chan just happened to be there too. They exchanged numbers that day, and as they talked more and more often they realised how well they got along.

We can't forget that the girl's parents were home like once a year, what caused the teenagers to just stay at each other's house for some days, since the boy's parents were pretty busy too.

One day the boy found the girl awake, looking at the sky, quite late. Of course he asked her what's wrong, not knowing that was going to be the day he'd find out everything the girl kept to herself. That day she fell asleep in his arms, both of them not minding the feeling of closeness.

After that day they kept getting closer to each other, also it became normal for the girl to go to the boy's room when she had trouble sleeping, what was nearly every day.

"No problem", the boy spoke softly, kissing the girl's forehead.

And so they laid in each other's arms silently, waiting for the other one to fall asleep first.

"I can't sleep", the girl whined now, getting frustrated.

"What's going on in that head of yours that's keeping you awake?", the boy asked, looking down at the girl his arms.

"I don't know how to describe it", the girl pouted, unable to express herself.

"How about we go stargazing?", the boy requested as he could tell how frustrated the girl was.

"But I don't want to be a burden and it's already late and you need to sleep too and-", the girl kept rambling as she didn't want to make trouble.

"Shhh, it's alright", the boy stopped her rambling. He went to get a blanket for them, since he knew the girl would get cold at some point.
"Come on", he handed the girl one of his hoodies, while demonstrating her to stand up and come with him.

There was no need to talk, it was natural for them to walk to the same place every time the girl's insomnia was at it's worst.
Her being on his left side, him having his arm around her shoulder, his other arm holding the blanket in case she got cold, after about 5 minutes putting the blanket over her shoulders, her then clinging onto his arm, it was natural for them.

As they arrived at the place both of them lied down together. Both were just starting at the sky, caught in their own thoughts, not knowing that they were thinking about the same thing.

"Chris?", the girl spoke up, needing all of her courage. The boy's response was silent, but he made it obvious that she had all of his attention.

The girl took a deep breath, her hands shaking, her heart beating like crazy. "I think I love you", she said with a shaky voice, "Please don't hate me now", she added with teary eyes.

"Why would I hate you?", the boy questioned, his eyes getting softer. Organizing his thoughts quickly, he spoke up. "I love you", was the thing he decided to say.

To him the girl's reaction was absolutely adorable. "Really?", she spoke, unconsciously having puppy eyes.

"Really", the boy responded with confidence, pulling the girl into a hug.

"Please don't ever leave me", the girl cried out now, clinging on to the boy. Although she never mentioned it to Chris, her biggest fear was losing him.

"Shhh, I'm not going anywhere", the boy assured her, holding the girl close to him. He waited until the girl calmed down before he asked if she wanted to go home.

The response he got was the girl nodding her head, too tired to speak. He helped her stand up as he wrapped his arm around her again. There was silence, like almost every walk, but it was a comfortable silence, not like awkward silence.

When they arrived home, both of them just went to bed together, falling asleep in each other's arms. None of them knew that they'd spend the rest of their lives together happily at that point, just like no one knew insomnia could cause such a great thing.

_________________
~840 words
[Insert goodbye note coz the author is too dumb to write one]