Chapter Eight- The Race, part 2

After they raced around Adventure Bay, the race took to the Cowboy Desert. As planned, best friends Zuma and Rocky are taking the lead. Due to Zuma's excellent navigation skills and Rocky's gadgets because anything can hapoen in an empty desert.

The rest of the pups followed right behind them. And Tracker immediately could sense a scheme about to happen.

"Amigos. I sense there's something wrong that is about to happen. Cuidado." He warned through their pup tags.

"Thanks for the warning, Tracker." Rubble said.

"And he's right. Check your mirrors, pups." Tuck announced.

All the pups quickly glanced at their mirrors and saw the Kitten Catastrophe Crew about to fire a bunch of tumbleweeds towards them. They could push their cars off the track if they steer clear of them the wrong way.

"Pups, follow my lead. Single File. " Ella took initiative as she had an idea.

The pups followed her without question as they formed a single line in the middle of the track. Relying on their mirror view of Ella's cherry red race car on what to do next.

"Keep your focus on the road in front of you while you listen to my voice. Remember our evasive maneuver strategy and the codenames." The Golden Retriever pup reminded her friends.

The kittens began firing the tumbleweed and Ella immediately took action.

"Split up! " And the pups split to two sides along the track in perfect sync at Ella's word.

"Far Left!" The pups from the right side inserted perfectly to the gaps on the left.

"Far Right!" They shifted towards the otherside.

With Ella's help, they manages to avoid all the tumbleweeds the kittens fire at them. From all the way back to town, it was like watching a colorful caterpillar move along the track, and Ryder couldn't be prouder of their teamwork.

"Nice one, sis!" Tuck high-pawed his sister.

By the time they ran out of tumbleweeds, the jungle was coming into view. And Tracker quickly took the lead.

"Vamos, amigos. Follow me." He yipped as they entered the thick jungle.

==============================

As soon as the ground surface shifted, the pups immediately activated the jungle terrain setting for their vehicle to better accomodate the uneven dirt path of the jungle. And Tracker led them through.

"Guys, looks like the LadyBird is next with a trick." Rocky informed them, after a glance from his rearview mirror.

And it was- the sneaky and greedy red-headed woman had a claw arm that look like it could take anything she wanted. And what she wanted were the shiny parts of their race cars that were sparkling in the jungle sun.

"What do we do?" Skye asked.

"Pups, pass by me. My big rig will block her view of anything shiny." Rubble suggested.

And they did, the pups sped up, leaving Rubble behind to block the LadyBird's eye of the shiny parts of the other racecars with his big rig race car.

"Move over! I can't see the shiny things and I want it!" The Ladybird whined as she tried to pass Rubble, but he wouldn't let her.

"Nu-uh-uh. This is a race. You have to win to get what you want." Rubble playfully taunted her, causing the pups to giggle at the sound of her frustrated squaks.

"Amigos, we're almost at the Monkey Temple. Get ready to drift." Tracker told them.

They saw Mandy sitting on her throne with the other monkeys, cheering them on.

"Hi Mandy!" The pups greeted her as they drifted by her temple.

And the reply they got was more ookas cheering them on.

The Ladybird spotted Mandy's crown and was about to get it with her claw when a banana splotted on her face and she went 360 around the track, getting lost in the jungle. A monkey threw it at her, defending his queen. Good news is, the Ladybird's okay, just with a face of splotted banana. She managed to get back in the race, but she's dead last.

"Nice one, Monkeys." The twins cheered after they saw it happen.

The pups saw it happen from the little screens on their dash. And it was pretty funny.

"The icy Arctic is up next pups, I'm taking the lead. Get ready." Everest informed her friends as they left the jungle behind.