Chapter 6

"Nagahama-sama, Sugai-sama is asking all of the Empresses' presence." Sugai-sama's right hand, Nijika said. Fuyuka walks in front of Nijika in exchange for Neru's place as she bow to Nijika as a sign of respect.

"What time would the gatherings takes place?" Fuyuka asked, instead of answering her question Nijika handed her a letter that smells like roses when Nijika took the letter out.

"All of the informations are inside the letter, Sugai-sama said to read it." Nijika said and hand the letter to Fuyuka trying not to smile, both of them know that exposing their relationship might be a bad idea. Being a right hand of the Queen and Empress, it's very hard to maintain a relationship since being in a relationship could mean that they'll get distracted considering how big the tasks were in their hands.

Fuyuka close her eyes to calm herself down in order not to blush when she realize that there's two letter that Nijika gave, one for Neru and one for Fuyuka.

"We'll make sure to have our presence in the Queen's gathering." Fuyuka said and give Nijika a loving smile before Nijika turn her heels and leave the mansion, Fuyuka continues to gaze at Nijika's back until Nijika's silhouette is nowhere to be seen.

Fuyuka snap away her thoughts and put the letter inside her yukata secretly before she turn around to walk her way towards Nagahama-sama who's staring at her in an intense manner as if Nagahama-sama is observing her actions.

"Nagahama-sama, here's a letter from Sugai-sama." Fuyuka said as she hand the letter to Neru who's still staring at her, unreadable.

"I have a question for you." After some intense staring without saying anything, Neru decided to speak causing for Fuyuka to flinch when she heard Neru's voice.

"Ask anything, Nagahama-sama." Fuyuka said trying not to show her nervousness, she knows that Neru's not stupid. Out of all the Empresses, Nagahama-sama is the most observant and sharp eyed and that's the reason why her decisions are absolute since her decisions can only result to one thing and that is great results.

"I believe you know that I'm not foolish enough not to notice." Neru said coldly. Neru on the other hand is curious about romance for the first time, she wants to know about everything that revolves around the concept of romance and seeing the interaction between her right hand and Sugai's right hand, Neru grew more curious.

"I believe you're mistaken, Nagahama-sama." Fuyuka said as she clench her teeth in nervousness. Even when they have been together for so long and trusting each others' task, Fuyuka is still scared of Neru. Neru has this kind of intimidating aura that scare Fuyuka whenever Neru look at her.

This is one of the reason why she's called the Cold Bishojo.

"I believe I know what I saw." Neru argue back, Neru knows that she's forcing that there's something going on between the two because Neru herself wants answers even without knowing that she's indeed right.

"Follow me." Neru said when Fuyuka grew silent before Neru turn her heels around and smile secretly.

Seeing how Fuyuka acted, Neru confirms that there's indeed something going on. Neru can't believe that her observations were right.

"I understand, Nagahama-sama." Fuyuka said and follow Neru with a nervousness as she keep fidgeting her hands because of nervousness.

****

"Seki-sama." Empress Yumiko glance at her way and raise her brows to tell her right hand to proceed what she's about to say by not saying anything, Empress Yumiko's right hand named Tamura Hono  gulp her nervousness away before she clear her throat.

"Nijika-san delivers a letter, it is from Sugai-sama." Hono said as she walk her way towards Seki and put the letter on the table, Seki sigh in response and motion Hono to leave the room.

"What does Sugai-sama wants, tsk." Seki mumble as she click her tongue before she open the roses scented letter.

Dear Empress Yumiko,

Good day Empress Yumiko, I would like to invite you to my personal meeting between Empresses like usual to tackle for this month's plan.

I will be expecting your humble presence tomorrow at Sugai Empire, 2pm.

Thank you.

-- Sugai Yuuka

After she read the letter, she took the card that can pass the Empire's gate and crumple the letter before she throw it to who knows where.

"Meetings..." Seki mumble as she clench her teeth in annoyance, Seki furrow her brows when she realize that she's going to meet someone she find annoying once again.

They can't even stay at the same room not rolling their eyes at each other every chance they get.

"Tamura." Seki calls out, Tamura who's outside the door came rushing as soon as she heard Seki calling her out.

"Yes, Seki-sama?" Hono respond, Seki gulp and look away and give the Gate pass to Hono. Hono accept the gate pass as Seki motion her to leave, Hono took a step back and bow at Seki before she turn around and leave the room. Seki took a sigh so deep and rest her head on the table with a pile of papers piling up at each other.

After a few minutes of resting her head on the table, Seki didn't realize that she fell asleep.

***

Tamura sigh as she glance at the card before she put it inside her kimono and took a seat outside Seki-sama's office room.

"I bet Seki-sama's sleeping now that she knows that the Empress meeting is here once again, meaning she'll meet her most hated person." Tamura said before she sigh, Tamura stood up once again to make some tea for Seki-sama.

As soon as she's finished making, she walk her way towards  Seki's office. The moment she open the door, Tamura halted when she saw Seki's sleeping figure.

"What a beauty." Tamura thought, she gulp down her thoughts away before approaching Seki's sleeping figure with a cup of tea in hand and put it on Seki-sama's side table.

Tamura slowly walk her way towards the blankets which were folded neatly at the far end corner of the room and grab one. Put it on top of Seki's back in order for Seki-sama not to get cold.

Hono stare at the Empress as her eyes mirrors a sad look.

"I'm just a right hand, her actions should prove it that you're nothing but a right hand Hono. Stop assuming things." Hono sadly thought as she shook her head and smile at herself, slowly walking her way out of the office.