01: Sail Away!

"It is cephalopod!" you argued with your older sister as you stared at the dead squid at shore.

"No. Is an octopus! Therefore, a fish!"

"Fish have scales! Cephalopod is the scientific name for molluscs like squids and octopus." you said grabbing the squid with your hand. You followed your sister as she ran away from the dead creature in your hand as you reached a shadow of a man.

"Girls! Stop playing around!" he yelled, making you and your sister stand straight and look down.

"Sorry father." you both said as he put the dead fishes on the boat.

"Y/N was following me around with a dead fish!" she started complaining like always.

"It is not a fish, it is a cephalopod!" you looked at her with the squid still in your hands.

"Let me see your hands." your father said and you opened your hands showing him the squid. He held your smaller hands in his big rough ones and looked at the poor creature in your hand.

"Were you reading again?" he asked looking at you sternly in his voice.

"I had finished cleaning Lady Margaret's room and Lord Jackson's library and the book fe-"

"Did you read or not?" he asked once again.

"Yes Father." you looked down. He sighed and ruffled your not so clean and messy honey brown hair and grabbed the squid from your hands.

"This fella needs a proper burial." he said and you and your sister ran away giggling towards the less rocky side and started digging a hole with your bare hands. You went to grab the squid from your father and rushed back as your sister did a cross with seaweed and two sticks.

"Goodbye little fella." you said as you put him inside the hole and covered it with sand and your sister stuck up the cross. You heard a song and looked up before you could say something to the squid when a huge ship got closer.

"Father look!" your sister yelled as she pointed at the ship. The pirate song.

"Come on girls!" he yelled and you rushed with your father away leaving all of your belongings behind. Those were the things you all worked for. You hoped that they wouldn't take anything.

Before you realised you were already in the kitchen downstairs while the maids cooked dinner for the owners of the house. You were sitting in one of the stools grabbing strands of your hair taking seaweed and sand off before your hand got slapped.

"Don't do that here!" she raised her voice and you frowned. You had your back hunched as you looked at your swinging legs when Lady Margaret barged in and you sat straight up.

"Why aren't you getting ready?" she said and you looked at your body. She grabbed your wrist and jacked you away towards her room.

"Bathe her and brush her hair. Get her ready." Lady Margaret said sternly and the maids started undressing you as they took you to the bathroom. You yelped as they kept undressing you and once they took the last piece of clothing you tripped and fell butt first inside the tub. A maid pours a whole bucket of cold water in your hair and starts washing it while taking sticks and seaweed out of your hair along with sand. The other lady grabbed your hand and started brushing under the nails. The opposite to your fathers, they were smooth and soft and delicate.

The lady dunked another bucket of cold water in your hair and started brushing your hair. But it felt like she was yanking at your scalp. After taking all the dirt off your nails and fingers she moved to your feet. The lady started scrubbing your hair once again while another one came in with a lavender dress, a corset, and white heels.

She put the stuff down and rushed to you and lifted your arm and started washing it with a rag full of soap. She was going to wash your breast and you stopped her and another bucket of water dumped in your head. You grabbed the rag and washed yourself where you didn't want to be touched and would not allow to be touched.

After putting soap in your body they rinsed you off and dried you up. You didn't know what was happening but a proper shower never hurt anyone. There was never enough money to go to a bathhouse. So you would bathe when it rained and that barely happened during the summer time.

They put the underwear on you and start tightening the corset. You gasp as they tightened it you could barely breathe.

"For God's sake why is she not ready!" Lady Margaret raised her voice and walked towards you and the maids stepped back. She grabs the strings and yanks the strings tightening I think to the limit. She ties it and puts the dress on you. The maids go back to their job and put your heels and jewelry on and one of them does your hair into a braided bun and then they do your make-up.

They all walk away and you follow them down the stairs to see Lady Margaret and Lord Jackson down the stairs with another rich family. You head downstairs as you see your sister standing next to Lady Margaret and you stand next to your sister.

"Girls, these people will be staying with us for a week. I want you two to behave." Lord Jackson said.

"Yes sir." your sister said and she grabbed her dressed and bowed and you did the same. You two leave and the two men start laughing hard as you head down the stairs and noticed you were missing something.

"Mother's bracelet!" you yelled and looked at your sister.

"Did you take it off when they showered you?"

"I never take it off Athena!" you said and she sighed.

"It probably fell at the beach." she sighed and you groaned.

"Let's go get it then." you said and she sighed once more before you two headed to the beach once again. You went towards where you two did a burial and looked there while your sister looked near the small fishing boat.

"Y/N I have to tell you something before you are given the news in a bad way." your sister speaks as you pick up the bracelet and put it on and tie it around your wrist.

"You are getting engaged."

"What?!" you exclaimed looking to your sister who was standing three feet away from you.

"The man Lord Jackson was talking with? The blonde guy next to him was his son. They are arranging a marriage for you."

"Him?! He is like 30 years old! Just because I got my menstruation not too long ago doesn't mean I will get married."

"But you are in the age of getting married."

"I am fifteen, Athena."

"Exactly." she said and you looked down at the bracelet. There was no way of escaping that. You were going to be married to a man you don't know and have kids. Your whole future was already planned without you confirming it. You look up and look at the ocean and then at the pirate ship still there.

"One last game of hide and seek then?" you asked and she nodded. She walked to a palm tree and started counting and you went up and got on the ship. You looked around to make sure there was no one and you decided to go below deck.

You look around and see a lot of rum and you frown in disgust and keep walking around and decide to hide behind the barrels. You sat down and leaned against the barrels tied against each other and a tear escaped your eyes.

Your sister had already gotten to 100 and was searching for you when the words yelled terrified you.

"Anchor up and full sails! We are sailing away boys!"