Chapter 1 (edited)

y/n's pov.

Her name is Chizu y/n. A second year in Karasuno high school. She had been living with her father and her little brother, together in a not-too-big and not-too-small house. It's cozy as what she likes to say. Her little brother is 7 years old. Her father is rarely home due to his work, resulting in only her and her brother at home alone. Of course, she would do most of the housework as well as juggling with her school life. You're probably thinking.. 'She must be hiding the fact that she has to take care of the house and her brother while managing school from everyone.'  Well, you are wrong. She doesn't hide the fact that she is practically a single mom, she just never really had a reason to tell anyone. What she likes to say, if they know, then they will know.

She let out a sigh as she carried two bags of groceries alone. Eito, on the other hand, is walking in front of her, "leading" the way for her while eating his ice cream that she had bought for him as a treat. Heavy.. she wheezed out quietly. She has to admit that carrying two big bags filled with groceries are hella heavy !

She turns to look at Eito. "How are you doing there, bud? Are you tired?" She asked while wheezing slightly as she tried her best not to accidentally let go of her groceries.

"Yep!" He answered while popping the "p". Hmph, he doesn't sound tired at all. "We're almost home anyways." He added while chewing on his ice cream. Yes. Chew. He's the kind of kid who eats and bites the ice cream.

"But are you okay?" He asked her back while pausing on his steps and snack. He looked up at her, noticing that she had been wheezing.

Eito is a really nice kid. He is understanding and helpful, not to mention emotionally in touch with himself. Seeing how great he is made her smug. Well, she is the one who had raised him all his life. He rarely misbehaved, and he would often help her with anything that he could. She is not really ready once he grows up and acts like an angsty teenager, but instead of worrying about it, she prefers to enjoy the present.

She looked down at him before smiling and ruffling his hair. How adorable.

"Hey!" He pouted while trying to fix his hair with his free hand. His other hand was holding onto the ice cream that he was eating. She pulled out a tissue from her pocket and gave it to him, giving him something that he could clean himself with instead of using his shirt.

Once they arrived home, she unlocked the door and waited for Eito to enter before entering herself. She places the bags on the floor for a while and stretches her back a little before taking off her shoes. Eito, on the other hand, just threw his shoes off and runs to his bedroom, doing god knows what.

She neatly arranged their shoes on the shoe rack neatly and picked up the grocery bags. Then she walked over to the kitchen and placed the bags on the table. She tied her hair back into a messy bun. Cliche, but it is easy for her to tie her hair like that to do housework.

"Okay! What would you like to eat, Eito?" She asked while taking out the groceries from the bags. Eito came out of his room while carrying a book. He looked up from his book and looked at her. Despite his young age, he really prefers to read. This thought made her chuckle for a bit.

"Nuggets!" He answered excitedly. Even if he seemed mature, he is still a kid. And she wants him to stay a kid. "Chicken nuggets, it is then!" She exclaimed before taking out the ingredients to make chicken nuggets.

She placed the items on the counter and took her phone to listen to some songs before starting to cook for dinner.

🌸🌸🌸