Chapter 22

The last bell rings and kids flood the hallways rushing to get out of school. I push my way through the hall looking for Gianna. I haven't talked to her yet and I have to tell her about the game last night. I'm still wrapping my head around everything with Parker. I still don't know what we are but after he kissed me last night it felt like everything came together. I spot Gianna and run over to her. She turns around smiling and goes in for a hug. We start walking towards my car.

"So how was it last night?" Gianna teases.

I start smiling. Gianna gasps and starts squealing.

"We kissed." I reveal.

"Oh my god so what does that mean?" Gianna hops into the car and looks at me, waiting for the details.

"Not sure. But he told me he wants to be more than friends. I haven't talked to him yet today." I really don't know what we are now. We never talked about it after the game.

"Are you going to call him? Oh my god this is so exciting. My best friend is dating Parker, the most popular guy in school. Imagine the parties were going to get invited to—

My phone lights up and Parker and my picture shows on the screen. Gianna looks at the phone and then back at me with a big smile. I roll my eyes at her and grab the phone off the dashboard to answer it.

"Hello." I say into the phone. Gianna motions for me to put it on speaker. I roll my eyes, but press the speaker button to shut her up.

"Hey you. Haven't talked to you all day. Missed you." Parker says.

"Missed you too. How was your day?" I can't help by smile talking to him.

"Meh. It was okay. Have a paper I have to write by Monday. It's going to suck." Parker groans.

"Better get on it. No weekend plans for you mister." I tease.

"Damn and I was just going to ask you if you wanted to get dinner tonight." Parker laughs.

"Oh were you now? I mean, maybe I would say yes." I sigh.

"So it's a yes then? Pick you up at 7"

"Can't wait." I gush, feeling my cheeks turn red.

I go to hang up the phone and look at Gianna, who just looks at me smiling, clearly amused.

"What?"

"Nothing." Gianna smirks. "

I look at Gianna suspiciously out of the corner of my eye.

"Shall we go get you ready for your date." Gianna says.