mr.loverman by ricky montogomery - kuroken

(I recommend listening to the songs as the story is based off as you read this)

It was the day after Kuroo's graduation. Kuroo was a very special person for Kenma. He woke him up in the morning, made sure he ate when his parents weren't home, got him away from his games to go outside, and most importantly, was his lover. Kuroo's family was very traditional in the fact that they didn't like Kuroo and Kenma dating but allowed it since they knew the two would separate eventually.

 Kenma woke up at his normal time and sat around in bed fake sleeping like he usually did. He liked getting up a bit earlier to hear Kuroo's humming and him saying "I love you pudding" to him. It made him have good butterflies in his stomach and also made him feel special. Kenma sat up after 5 minutes of waiting. It was Kenma's first day so he didn't want to be late like he usually is when Kuroo is sick and stays home. The setter finally came to the realization that Kuroo wasn't attending Nekoma anymore. He got dressed quickly and ran to school fast. Kuroo was standing by the gate with a girl around Kenmas height.

"KUROO!" Kenma yelled aiming for Kuroo's arms, wanting to dig his face into his warm chest. Kuroo stepped out of the way and caught Kenma with one of his arms, not letting Kenma be close to himself. "Kuroo..?" Kenma's eyes widened and saw Kuroo's eyes starting to water. Kenmas soft, small, gentle hands tried to wipe away Kuroo's tears. 

The soft skin turned red and hurt when a bigger one had swatted it away from his face. Kenma looked up to Kuroo taking his own hand and putting it on his chest. Kenma started to cough, not being able to breathe he had started to turn a shade of red all around his body. "I knew this wasn't a good idea Yura." Kuroo's eyes were dry and he swiftly carried the girl away bridal style. Kenma's eyes started to become a waterfall, the tears from the young boy's eyes had started to land on the ground. Everything became too loud for Kenma, making him scream of pain coming from his ears and lungs. Kuroo was long gone past Nekoma and was in a car with the girl named Yura. 

There was a ambulance that rushed past the car Kuroo was in. "K-Kenma?" Kuroo started to cry and opened the door of the fast moving car. "KUROO WHAT ARE YOU DOING? YOU'LL GET HURT!" Yua screamed tugging at the back of Kuroo's suit trying to pull him back into the vehicle. Kuroo looked back and gave a sideways nod as a sign of no. He jumped and rolled until he felt the sidewalk. Kenma's tie that was around his neck was removed and so were the buttons of his white button-up shirt. The medics there worried confused since this didn't help Kenma stop choking. After this happened he was taken into the ambulance and taken away quickly. Kuroo was just in time to hop into the ambulance after pushing many people out of the way.

Kenma had passed out by now and was turned to his side on the ambulance bed to lower chances of Kenma dyeing. A medic searched Kenma's mouth while Kuroo stood next to Kenma trembling. He took Kenma's hand that had a mark from earlier and held it in his large hand. He felt his warmth merging with the temperature of his own hand and held it tightly. The medic stood up, holding a petal in her pair of tweezers. 

"Hanahaki disease.." she started to cry putting the petal on a metal tray, "Sir do you know he loved?" She looked up at Kuroo with a hurt face. "I believe it was me. We were dating for 2 years before we broke up today." Kuroo said while looking down at Kenma's pale face. His heart ached seeing Kenma like this.