i just want a hand to hold

A/N: I haven't posted a fic in a while, so forgive me if I'm rusty. This is crack taken seriously and is written ironically. This is super cliché, and I probably won't write stories like this frequently so if you decide to follow me, check out my other work. Special thanks to my co-writer who has asked to be kept anonymous. No beta, we die like men! Enjoy the story!

⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞ 〈 ⏣ 〉 ⋟ ┈ ┈ ┈┈ ┈ ┈ ⋞

Snow piled up on your windowsill. Christmas lights hung from stores in the street, and your ears rang from the constant stream of Mariah Carey. People smiled in the street, growing closer in the spirit of the holiday season.

But you didn't feel the joy of the festivities. Your boyfriend Technoblade's channel grew by the day, and with that, the distance between you grew just as fast. He uploads almost every day, and even though you know you should be proud, you can't help but feel envious. They were only thoughts though, and you would never tell anyone.

"Thank you for joining the stream guys! I'm streaming every day at 4 PM EST! I love all you floofies, Happy New Year, and I'll see you tomorrow. Bye!"

You sigh as you end the stream, and your smile falls away.

You stared at your hands, repulsed. What did you expect? Did you think that you'd cuddle until morning? That he'd whisper sweet nothings into your ear? Of course, that wouldn't happen. How selfish. You curl into a ball and stare at your apartment window, snow trickled down.

You hear Floofy's little scrambling steps as he steps into your door and jumps on you. You pet him as you think. Just then, a door creaks. Technoblade. You peek at your door as he walks to the living room. You hear a sigh and Floofy jumps out of your lap and the room into Techno's arms.

"Where did you come from?"

He stares at your door. You rush to your computer, trying to pretend to draw. Your door creaks.

"Y/N?" He says.

His delicate voice pierces your heart with a thousand thorns. You look up into his eyes, nonchalantly.

"Hey Tech, just uh— finishing a drawing." You smiled weakly. His gaze softens. He opens his mouth to speak, but his speakers crackle with a screech.

"TECHNO WHERE ARE YOU?!" He snapped out of his stupor. and headed back towards the door.

"I'm sorry, I have to go Y/N. I'll see you later." You smiled as brightly as you could muster, "Okay! Good luck out there." He blushed, smiling a bit, and walked back, closing the door.

Your brain floods with panic, and you push down the thoughts.

Minx: FLOOFI

Minx: HELLO?

Minx: @Floofies

Minx: @Floofies

Minx: i know you're on invis

Nihachu: join us!

Floofies: Huh?

Minx: THERE YOU ARE FLOOF!

Minx: I WANTED TO TALK ABOUT SOMETHING

Floofies: what is it?

Minx: honestly not much.

Nihachu: minx!!

Nihachu: anyway how are you?

NihachuL you haven't been talking that much since Christmas.

She was right, maybe it was because of your relationship. Even your friends grew distance due to your "inactivity."

Floofies: I'm alright