22

They walked in silence after for about ten minutes, with Jeongyeon guiding the way. Nayeon was growing curious, it was about 11 p.m. already. Where could they be going this late? Her thoughts quickly disappeared when they stopped at the entrance of an ice rink.

Nayeon looked at the rink with wide eyes.

"I thought since you love cold weather, you'd know how to ice skate," Jeongyeon said with a smirk.

"A little," Nayeon said with a small smile. Jeongyeon looked relieved.

"It's perfect then," Jeongyeon said and walked to the entrance. That's when Nayeon realized what was happening.

"Yah! Stop it!" Nayeon whispered loudly, grabbing Jeongyeon's arm. "What are you doing?"

"Entering the rink," Jeongyeon said, puzzled.

"Yah! Are you crazy? The rink is closed!" Nayeon said in shock. Jeongyeon just laughed.

"Just trust me," she said, heading to the entrance again.

"What? We can't break in! It's illegal! What if we get caught?" Nayeon said, panicking. Jeongyeon's smile grew.

"We're not breaking in," Jeongyeon said and showed her a small gold key.

Nayeon's eyes widened in shock.

"Oh my god, Jeongyeon. Did you steal the key?" she nearly screamed.

Jeongyeon laughed so hard she almost cried.

"Can you read that sign?" Jeongyeon said, pointing at the Ice Rink sign, trying to calm down.

Nayeon didn't understand why the sign was important, but she looked at it anyway.

'Yoo Ice Rinks'

And so what? She already knew the Yoo Ice Rinks, they were all over the country and they were her favorite ones, what it had to do with- Oh.

"Wait, does the Yoo Ice Rink belong to your family?" she asked, surprised and stuttering.

"Yes, it's mine now," Jeongyeon said. "I should take care of it, but I didn't want to after everything that happened. So Sunmi unnie helped with it. I still have the keys," Jeongyeon said with a smirk.

Nayeon's mouth dropped open.

She loved the Yoo Ice Rinks. She skated on them all the time as a kid. They were big, modern, and well-kept. She couldn't believe they were Jeongyeon's family's rinks.

"Shall we? Now that you know we're not breaking in," Jeongyeon said with a joke as she opened the rink door.

Nayeon frowned but followed her inside.

Once inside, Jeongyeon turned on the lights and told Nayeon to pick out some skates.

When they both had their skates on, they stepped onto the ice. Nayeon sighed softly and happily.

"Wow, I haven't been on an ice rink in ages," Nayeon said, skating slowly beside Jeongyeon and admiring the rink.

"Neither did I," Jeongyeon silently commented. Nayeon gazed at her with curiosity in her eyes. "I used to be a hockey player. A pretty good one, not to brag of course," She said with a smirk. "They even offered me a lot of scholarships, but my father really wanted me to go to JYPU. He's a graduate from there and he loved the campus so much, he really wanted me to experience studying there as well" she said.

"Really? My parents went to JYPU too," Nayeon said with a smile. "They met Chaeyoung's parents there and became best friends right away. They even bought houses next to each other," she chuckled. "Anyway, what made you stop playing hockey?" she asked, returning to the topic.