Basic

It all started at Basic training.

It was the summer of 2019, it was a hot day in Missouri, birds a calling, and guns being shot.

Siren begins to go off, me and my platoon scramble into our uniforms and gear because we know when a siren goes off it's hell week. Drill Sergeant Griffen,"Now what do we have here ladies", as he stands and looks at my squad, he starts to smile. "Well I'll be damed, u boys are actually up and ready for hell week." We all look at him, "YES SIR WE ARE READY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE TO THROW AT US SIR." He stands there and smiles more.

He walks away and goes to the other platoons before we get started on "Hell Week".

"Alright now before we get started y'all go and get your belly's full before we start, y'all hear ME" We all day at once, "SIR YES SIR". He says,"Y'all dismissed"

Me and my platoon all head to the mess hall. I hear from the other side of the hall, "Hey yo Burnie!!", I turn around to see my best friend "Joker" aka Peter, he runs up and hits me in the jaw. "You little fucker", I hit him back harder, he stumbles and turns around and laughs, we shake hands and give pats on the back. "What you been up to man I haven't seen u since we got off bus for basic man and it's been a fucking long time." We grab our food and sit at a table. I say to him,"Well ever since we got off that bus and all we have been training like crazy and as you can see on my uniform I have been promoted to Captain of my platoon." He stops eating and stares at my promotion ribbons.

"How the fuck did you get to that rank so fast man, plz tell me." I look at him and said,"That's a secret man sorry." He frowns and says,"Fine keep your secrets", and smiles.