"Hell Week" pt.2

As soon as the female drill sergeant left I walked over to my men and got them back on there feet and told them to never do that again and they stood there and said yes sir and got back information. Later on that day after give the few men that tried to fight the drill sergeant a worst punishment more than hers I get a call to go to her office if I wasn't busy. I walked to her office and there she was sitting behind her desk. I stand at formation. She says,"At ease solider no need for that." I look at her in confusion because I take my job very serious. But I did as she told me and just stood there and looked at her. She then looks up with my files and looks through them. She says,"So...Your men look up to you as a inspiration and a hero, says her your men where like nothing since basic but now after several months they turned into soldiers within those few months, now how is that possible Captain?" I look at her and say,"It was always my dream to make my men proud and worthy of combat and survival, it was also my dream to lead such a group like you see now as tough and fearless. It was my job to make sure they turned out the way I wanted them to be and as you can see it worked ma'am."

She replies,"Yes it did work and congratulations on the promotion by the way."

"Thank you ma'am", I replied.