Chapter Seven

It has been two days

It has been two days. Two whole days and we still have not gotten closer to the Tejour Forest. We are nearer the South side of Sealadach than anywhere else. I can see the peaks of their wall poking through the fog of this gloomy day. The sun is just a haze behind the thick clouds, the air is sticky and makes your chest warm when you breathe in. It is like honey hanging in the air. 

We have not gotten any closer towards the two Nocte men. In fact, we have started arguing. Yesterday was the worst days of squabbling. Jenifer had been mucking around with his magic, making us become caught in illusions that were not pleasant. The one that made Liam snap was the rabid pack of wolves chasing him down the small hill. He fell, of course and sliced his knee on a tree root. I spent over an hour picking out the thousands of splinters before healing him. Zayn just laughed and Jenny was no better,  trying to contain his laughter and his apology was as emptier as Zayn's a few days back. 

I argued with Jenifer the whole way back up that hill and we have not spoken since. Kept our distance, even when we went to sleep, we decided to sleep under different trees. Liam made a makeshift tent out of bending branches and large leaves. It was chilly last night and the air seemed to bring damp so we had the advantage. Zayn and Jenifer however, they had the skills of a toddler. Could not even bend the branches without them snapping. They gave up in the end and decided to fight each other with the branches and then brought their swords out. The clanging of steel against steel echoed through the whole night. Well that was until I had better ideas and stormed all the way over there, snatching Jenifer's sword from his grasp. 

"Please, just put it down. You're only going to hurt yourself," He said to me. 

I was too irritated to throw it back at him so I tightened my grip tighter. The sapphire on the handle began to glow brighter and brighter, it scared me slightly but I did not show it. Jenifer just stared.

"Harry, put it down, you are going to break it!" 

Zayn had had enough and swung at me with his sword, nipping me with the blade on the cheek. I dropped Jenifer's sword, threw my hand up to my cheek and came back with bloody fingers. 

"Just heal yourself, you will be okay. It barely even skimmed you," Zayn argued. 

Liam had to drag me back. I was near to strangling the life out of the vermin. 

"You uneducated little imp!" I screamed. "I can't just magically heal myself!"

"Yes you can, you have healing powers you idiot!"

"Are you that stupid? It does not work on me! I cannot use the magic on myself! Same goes with you and your fire, ever wondered why it does not burn your skin when it is in your hands? It may warm you but you are repelled from your own fire! Same goes with me!" My nostrils flared and I stomped back over to our little tent. 

Liam tended to my wound. He found a doc leaf growing within the shrubs and used it as a natural bandage. 

I sung softly to him that night. He felt that my injury was his fault as he did not come soon enough to break me and Zayn apart. I insisted it was not in any way his fault but he did not listen to me. He fell asleep to my lullaby, only for me to sleep in his arms straight after.