17 / Confusion

Happiness. Our childhoods were filled with nothing but happiness. Being one of the only Korean children in our neighborhood in New York Hawon, Seungwon, and I were closer then ever. We've been friends since we were young and after becoming teenagers in New York we decided to make a band together. We were a band for about 4 years doing pretty well as an underground band but decided to take a short break for the last years of high school. We went our separate ways and did things we hadn't done before. 

That's when I realized my passion for dancing. I never thought that being a dancer would be fun as I had always been inside of a studio just focusing on making songs. Seungwon and Hawon also only focused on their instruments and the performance factor of our band. It was in those years that we were away from each other that I was hurt and I never told them. 

The news of a ballerina being hurt because of a faulty stage prop would shut the company down especially because of the scale of the damage to my foot. My parents were in a tough situation at the time and decided to take the money and the payment for my hospital bills that the company was giving to them to stay quiet. To this day they apologize to me for doing what they did but I forgive them, as if weren't for them I would never be where I am today. They let me do what I wanted to and I understand that at the moment causing a scene wouldn't have changed the fact that I was badly hurt and needed to stay in the best hospital in New York if I wanted to walk again. 

After a year of recovering I went back to the boys and asked if they wanted to start our band over in Korea. Without telling them a word about my injury I convinced them to come to Korea with me. Later on, no matter how guilty I felt, I wasn't able to tell them how hurt I had been because I felt that they would feel betrayed once they found out that I had brought them here to Korea when I was in such a bad and fragile condition. 

Although we didn't struggle much once we got to Korea and were able to succeed in the land of music fairly quickly, I still felt responsible for their lives as  brought I them here from New York without their parents. Seungwon followed me even though his parents were against it and Hawon left his parents behind as well.

At that moment Hawon interrupts my thoughts by asking what I'm thinking about. 

"Just that I'm happy that we're able to share our music with so many people" I say smiling smile widely "more then I expected"

"I'm not satisfied yet" he says and I look at him confused 

"What can be better then this?" I ask

"I haven't succeeded yet" he says stepping closer "The thing I want isn't mine yet" 

I look up and see him standing right above me with a dazed look on his face 

"Are you drunk already?" I ask and he smiles coming even closer with a hand on my shoulder