Part 56 - The Fourteenth of a Million Yuris (18+?)

(They don't actually do anything, because I stop just short of it. I think the professionals call this "sexual themes." Sure, I go pretty hard on the sexual themes here. Also a bad word at the end - avert your eyes!)

Yuuko steps into the convenient two-person dorm room and starts immediately stripping off the crowding excesses of a magic academic's garb. The gloves, to begin with, are great for if you start a fire in your hand without being ready for it, and pretty stylish, but just sweaty otherwise.

"You excused yourself from class early," she says, not necessarily.

"Nhhh," Sakura replies just as helpfully, splayed on her back in bed at the other end of the room, already down to just her undershirt, which Yuuko rather appreciates, and is still working toward herself.

"You ought," Yuuko adds, bending to start gathering up Sakura's discarded mess of uniform as well as her own, "To put these away."

"Tired," Sakura whines.

"You kinda suck at the flashy stuff, don't you?" How did the left glove end up on this bookshelf?

"Shut up," Sakura says, rolling over to watch her... friend. "Aren't you out early, too?"

"Hm, why do you think that would be?" Why is the right glove under the bed?

"You suck at flashy stuff too?" Sakura guesses, trying to stir out of her near-coma.

"What? No, I happen to be great at making too many sparkles, I left because you looked like you were dying." Yuuko straightens with her bundle of too many clothes, and organizes them by dropping them in a pile in the corner.

"Well," Sakura says, not sure where to put her eyes with Yuuko undressed, "I am."

"The nightmare," Yuuko says, walking over to Sakura's bedside and bending down to narrow Sakura's choices.

Sakura widens and softens her eyes, trying to look pitiful for her... friend's examination. She doesn't have to try, if anything it makes her look better.

"I'm not your mom," Yuuko says. "I'm not gonna stop you taking a sick day. Let me see how you're feeling."

"You do sound like my mom."

"I'm worried, it's not just a mom thing. Relax and show me your misery."

Sakura complies, her heart fluttering. It's not like anybody else came to worry and look after her...

Yuuko brushes Sakura's forehead clear and sets her palm onto it.

"You're... checking for fever?" Sakura asks.

"Are you an expert on the symptoms of mana exhaustion?"

"No, but you keep saying you aren't my mom."

"You're a little hot, though," Yuuko notes, in place of entertaining this further, as she removes her hand. "Do you feel feverish?"

Flutter, flutter. "N-no, just a bit... uncomfortable."

"Are you laying funny? Wait- no, is it- what, because of me?"

"No, it's just, I don't... like being naked," Sakura invents.

Yuuko frowns at her, disappointed. Sakura would bring the mom thing up again now if she could.

"Sakura," she says, taking a seat on her bedside, "You aren't even naked."

"Near enough!"

"Since when can I make you uncomfortable?"

"Seriously!"