ouch

They flew across the sky, Robin and Red Robin. It was a mainly quiet night. A few robbings, muggers and rapist. Damian was quiet on patrol, still having a bad feeling. At about 10 pm, they got a call from Red hood. "Bat brats, I am going to need back up". Red robin landed on a rooftop, robin following suit. "where are you?" Red Robin said through the ear piece. "warehouse by arkham" Red hood grunted out. "We will be there in 5" Red Robin said, grabbing his grappling hook.

Like Tim said, they were there. They waited in the shadows, while thugs moved boxes. It was a normal drug deal, ish. Then, two more thugs came in dragging a girl. She didn't look much older than Damian. The girl cried and screamed, begging for her life. "Please, I know- I know nothing," she cried. They threw her on the ground. "Tell us where the drugs went" One of the thugs yelled, grabbing something from his pocket. The thug pulled out a gun, and pointed it at the girl.

Damian moved in an instant to save the girl. Instinct took over and he grabbed the by the wrist, bringing his arm down to Robins knee. The sick 'crack' of the bone could be heard throughout the warehouse. "Robin" Red hood whispered through the comm. Damian runs to the girl, quickly untying her. Red hood and red robin go and deal with the rest of the thugs. Damian grabbed a thug that was near him and punched him in the stomach. The man bent over and wrapped his hands around his mid-section. Damian then elbowed him in the face, causing him to black out too.

Damian grabbed the girl, picking her up bridle style. He ran to the door, trying to get her out. He put her down on the street and alerted the GCPD about the crime. He then grappled up to the roof, where Red Hood and Red Robin were waiting. Red Robin looked tense, shoulders high and hand clenched. Damian was not excited about this.

"Robin, what were you thinking" Red Robin almost screamed. "They were going to kill her" Damian responded calmly. He did not want this to blow out of proportion. "You should have waited for our signal" Tim said, brows furrowed. Damian was starting to get mad, "they were going to kill her". Tim clenched his fist tighter, "You blew the whole mission." Tim was exaggerating, but Damian could have messed the whole thing up. "I didn't mess up the mission" Damian snarled.

"You could have, you would have if we didn't fix it" Tim yelled. Why did this mean so much to the man, it was just a thug bust? "They would have killed her, Im sorry you wanted the girl dead so bad" Damian yelled, Tim was making a big dead out of nothing. Damian did nothing wrong. "Thats rich coming from you" Tim snarled back. Damian was furious now, "Im not an assassin anymore". "Because your mom and grandfather didn't want you"

Silence, Damian just stared at Tim. Tim knew he messed up when he said that. Tim waited for Damian to insult him, but nothing came. Damian wanted to yell at Tim, but he knew it was true. Damian just turned around and grappled off the roof. "Damian" Tim said, about to go after him but stopped when he felt a warmth on his shoulder.

Tim looked up and saw Jason holding him back. "Don't, let him cool down" Jason said. Tim knew he messed up, there was no need for Jason to yell at him for it. "Lets go talk to them police" Jason suggested. Tim simply nodded, and headed towards the police. Tonight will be a long night

Damian grappled towards the main streets of Gotham. Then, he got a call in from Batman. He luck can't get any worse. He jumped from rooftop to rooftop, finally he got to the Dark Knight himself. "Father, what do you need?" Damian asked, even though he knew what it was about. Bruce turned to face Damian, while Damian faced the city infront of them.

"Damian, You have been Robin for five years" Batman stated. Damian bit his cheek, feeling that iron taste of blood. "Yes father, I am aware" Damian replied bitterly. "And you know how I have been training Carrie for a while now" Batman grunted out. Damian knew what he will say. "I want Carrie to be Robin"

Damian wanted to scream, cry, laugh, he wanted to do something but he couldn't. He just grabbed his grappling hook and left. He shouldn't feel like this, he knew the conversation was coming. He just ran, and he did not want to look back. He hated Gotham at this moment. He ran and jumped and flew. He went until he was at some abandoned building. He felt uneasy, like he wanted to puke.

He was so caught up in his thoughts he didn't notice the person come up behind him. He only noticed when he felt pressure in his neck. He immediately knew it was a needle. Damian turned around in a flash of a second. That when he saw him, that laugh was recognizable from a mile away. The Joker stood infront of him, Punchline a few meters behind. Damian knew this won't end well.