Lets Try This Again part 1

Not edited just telling you know. So point out the mistakes on this please. Thank you.

Time in the hospital went on. I had no more visits from Kaleb, which I was thankful for. I think if I saw him again I wouldn't know what to do. He scares me so much I don't know what I would do.

"Hey Deanna you have a couple of visitors." I know it's my family because no one else is aloud to come in here, but the nurse is such a kind lady it's like she knows what I'm going through, even though I doubt she had a single clue.

"Thank you Catherine you can send them in." With that she nods her head and leaves.

"Hey sweetie how are you feeling today?" My mom asked.

"I'm a little better my neck still hurts pretty bad." I motion to my bandaged neck and she smiles weakly holding onto my hand while my dad just sits there silently watching me with a sad expression.

"Dad stop blaming yourself for this. It's not your falt. You couldn't have stopped Kaleb he was to strong." I try comforting my dad but he shakes his head.

"No Dee I could've stopped him, I could've prevented you from being hurt by that monster." He grits his teeth together getting angry at himself.

My mom places a hand on his shoulder to try and calm him. "We know hunny but we have to be thankful that Dee is still alive and with us. You can't stay stuck on what could've happened." she says trying to reason with him.

"Yes I could have if only I had the element of surprise I could've knocked that thing, that monster to the ground and show him what it's like to be beaten half to death. " I flinch at his words remembering the feel of Kaleb's punch. He noticed this and frowned more.

"I'm sorry Dee I didn't mean to say that out loud." he hugged me as he said this. I hugged him back. It took me a minute to notice but he had tears rolling down his cheek.

"Dad please don't cry, because if you cry, mom will cry, then I'll cry." I said half smiling trying to cheer him up.

"Oh hush, I'm not crying I just have something in my eye. " He tried to play it off we all smile.

"Mhmm sure because something just magically appeared and went into your eye." When I said this he smiled slightly and nudge me slightly.

"Is that a smile I see? Why yes I think it honestly is. See not all things are bad I'll be out tomorrow then I can act lazy and make you do all my biding muhahaha." Both of my parents started laughing so hard my dad almost fell off of the bed.

It felt good to laugh again, and to make someone laugh. And the best part is they were laughing with me and not at me like Kaleb or Andrew or any of them. The thought of them brought a frown to my face. My parents noticed this instantly and stopped laughing.

"What's wrong hunny?" My mom asked bringing me from my thoughts.

"What? Oh it's nothing mom" I try and shove the thought out of my head.

She looked sceptical but thought better of it. "Alright if you say so sweet heart."

We talked for a little while longer. Nothing important was really talked about just more of trying to pass the time and catch me up on what's happened with my little brother and sister over the past four years.

A nurse came in and said that visiting hours were over but they could come back in a few hours if they wanted.

"Well I guess we have to leave. We love you Dee get excited for tomorrow, you'll be out of the hospital." My mom cheered excitedly. I just shook my head laughing slightly.