Chapter 5 | Already Falling?

Song Recommendation: Gashina - Sunmi
Chaeryong.
I walked into Yeji's room.
"Hellooooo my bae, how was yesterday with your new crush?" She said slurring her words.
What did this girl have? She isn't even allowed to drink ?
"My crush?? Pfffft" I said rolling my eyes at her.
"How could I fall for a jerk?" I said softly to myself.
———————-

The night before.
"I only go to Han river with people who are special to me." He said.
I could have sworn I heard my heart break.
All I asked was for a walk , why would he be so harsh?
Is he so loyal to his girlfriend that he can't even walk with a tourist guide who he hired?
I watched his eyes slowly widen as he realized what he had said .
Before he could say anything , I walked away , to the car.

Taehyun.
Oh my god. What have I done?
How could I say that to my tourist guide?
She must hav been hurt. My words were too harsh.
What should I do now??
She must think of me as a jerk.
She must think of me as heartless.
She must think of me as mean.

I slowly walked to the car , hoping that she would forgive me.
I opened the door , to see her leaning against one of the windows. She didn't even turn to look at me.
"Hey..." I said slowly. No reply.
"I'm sorry..... I said as I tried touching her shoulder from the side. No reply.
This wasn't going to work. I got if my seat , and went to her seat. I bent down slightly , and held her hands in mine.
"Hey.... I'm sorry.... I shouldn't have said that . Han river holds many special memories for me , getting reminded of them really messed my head up. Will you forgive me?" At this point I was staring in her eyes as I caressed the back of her hands with mine.
"I'll think about it." She said now breaking the long eye contact between us.

We drove off in silence , none of dared to speak a word. Reaching home , she quickly went to her room without telling me anything. I just sighed and decided it was best to leave her alone for now.

——————

The next morning , I woke up and checked my phone.
You have one new message from Chaeryong.
Tap to view!

We will be leaving for the tour at 2pm, be ready , I will pick you up.

She has gone out? Where? Did she really get so offended? It's not normal for someone to get offended unless she thinks of me in another way?

——————

Chaeryong.
"And that's what happened." I explained to Yeji. Narrating the whole story.
"Well , I can say only one thing. He is here for a reason. And that isn't tourism." Yeji told me.
"What is that reason?" I asked. If he ain't here for tourism ..... what is he here for?
"Chae, you know you can be dumb at times.... Taehyun m he's a softie , who probably got brutally heartbroken by someone , and that made him get insecurities, and now he's here to hunt her down." Yeji explained.
"Staking someone's instagram , suddenly going to Han river and then shouting at you because he probably saw her there... it all makes sense" Yeji said again , before I could say anything.

"He loves his ex......?" I said , I don't know what I am feeling , it's probably disappointment. Yes , I acknowledge I am disappointed. I mean he was pretty much perfect. It would be nice if he wasn't taken.

"It's ok girl , you will find someone else." Yeji comforted me.

"Yeah you're right, it ok." I said , gathering my stuff , as I headed out .
"I'm late, bye , see you tomorrow!" I told Yeji as I headed back to the hotel . It was already 1:30 and I haven't even gotten dressed yet. Great just great.

——————-

Taehyun.
Wow , I can bet today is going to be a tiring day. Exploring Seoul.
It's 1:45 right now , and Chaeryong is no where to be seen. I wonder where she went. She was here last night...
Last night she didn't say anything .... I have to apologize today. I better find a way to do it well.

Ok it's 2:10 , and she still isn't here. Where the hell did she go?

2:20 , no sign of Chaeryong.

2:30 , isn't here yet.

2:45 , not yet.

3:00 , phone is switched off.

3:15 ...... a black car pulled up below the hotel.