Chapter 1: Hidden Sanctuary

"There is a hidden secret beyond the beautiful blue sky."

Peace is the thing that everyone in the underworld savors every day. Since Kirito and Asuna become the King and Queen of the world, they'd give all their best to preserve the peace and sirene presence into it. Reminiscence of all the battle they've able to protect from the hands of evil. Each one of their friends did their part to fight and protect it as well, loathing wasting all the effort of valued people they'd know. It's never been an easy fight but victory chooses to side them in the end. It all happened in the past and the couple's main goal right now is to protect the current underworld with promises into the certain someone with sparkling blue eyes, long golden hair who loves the underworld so much together with the people reside in it. The current king Kirito have the same esteem towards the world, having precious memories and friends from it, learned a lot of life lessons, while his wife Asuna learned to impress the same perceptions, kindness is her nature. Living for 200 years inside the underworld is beyond imaginable things for Kirito and Asuna at first but when time flows naturally they've learned to accept it, as they've value every person from it, as long as they're together it's gonna be fine.

Governing the underworld is not an easy task but they've manages to handle it perfectly. The couple ruling it for almost 10 years now, surprisingly even the time run so fast there appearance remains the same, not look so young not so old. Scheta and Iskan are the new rulers of the dark territory, keeping it in peace and safety is one of their prior. Integrity Knights obtain the same status and power under the ruling and influence of King Kirito and Queen Asuna. Everything seems fine and good but the menace of the upcoming event will, later on, turn their lives in upside-down rotation.

In yearly meetings of leaders and Integrity knights occur the unexpected report from the dark territory. All of them were seated in a long table to discuss important matters.

"Kirito sama, I know that you're already aware of my report for today regarding to the current situation of dark territory." Iskan stated seriously towards the King. Severity is visible in those black orbs from Kirito's eyes. His wife Asuna silently seated beside him, caress his arm to calm his tense facade, even though she is aware of the issue.

"Kindly explained it Iskan san." Asuna stated.

"It's been almost half a year since the mysterious miasma consumes almost 30% of the dark territory. Whoever tried to get near or either go inside will surely die." Iskan stated, sweat slowly dripping from his forehead.

"The powerful miasma consumes the life force from the land, we didn't know that such things are inevitable to occur in such a place. The dark territory is a big wilderness, living in that place is inconvenient especially when you used to live in a human empire in the first place. That's why if these things continuously befall upon us, we don't have a choice but to flee in the human empire to take refuge." Scheta, wife of Iskan and also know as former synthesis twelve explained.

"But if you decide to take refuge in the human empire, life resource for everyone will be not enough. Added the fact that most of the humans are still afraid, we can blame them after experiencing frightful events from the past." Fanatio Synthesis two stated in frank words.

"Running away won't change the situation. Yes, we can harbor them but until when? Bes-" Renly synthesis twenty-seven words cut off when Kirito speaks up.

"We don't need temporary solutions we need final action to stop it. I'll go to take a look at the situation." Kirito said with the same serious expression.

"It's dangerous, but we will truly be glad if you make a move to stop it. We want to stay in the dark territory it's our home, our pride resides in it. Sharing territory and place to be called home are out of choice from us." Iskan said with determination in his eyes.