t e n

Once they arrived at Annabeth's house, Percy climbed out of the car and helped Annabeth out, grabbing her crutches. "Okay, let's get you inside," He said, as they stumbled to the front door. Annabeth unlocked it, and Percy helped her onto a chair and took off her backpack, putting it on the seat next to her. "What time does your stepmom come home?" He asked. Annabeth thought for a second. "At around 5:30." Percy grinned. "Looks like I'm staying here until then. You do need help," he protested, glancing at Annabeth's confused face. "And so do I. Math is hard. I'm dyslexic." Annabeth rolled her eyes. "I see your reasoning. Fine. But for the record, I'm dyslexic too."

"Well, your name is Wise Girl for a reason," Percy defended. They spent the next hour working on homework, Annabeth helping Percy with his math, until they finally finished. "Okay, now let's get a snack." Annabeth said. "Awesome, I'm starving!" Percy said, excited. He quickly got out two bowls and spoons and a box of yogurt, under Annabeth's direction. He passed her bowl to her. "Come on, Wise girl, what is with you and yogurt? You eat it at school for lunch every single day?" Annabeth shrugged. "That's like me asking you what's with your blue cookie obsession." Percy had brought a blue cookie every single day for lunch, which was weird, since he bought his lunch from the cafeteria, but brought the cookie from home.

After eating their yogurt and talking about the new updates on Jiper, Helen finally came home. "Annabeth? Who's this?" She said, gesturing to Percy. "Helen, this is Percy. He's a friend from school and he wanted to stay until you came." Annabeth introduced, rolling her eyes. "Hi Percy! Nice to meet you!" Helen said, putting her bags down. "Also, could I go to his house tonight? Thalia, Piper, and Jason are all going. It's a private party." Annabeth asked. Helen frowned. "I don't know if that's a good idea, Annabeth. Your lungs are still weak, and what about your leg?"

"Its fine, Mrs. Chase," Percy added. "We'll take good care of Annabeth. We've been doing it at school too." Helen narrowed her eyes at Percy, and then nodded. Annabeth was relieved, since Helen was really good at reading people. She always knew when Annabeth had stayed up reading when she should've been asleep. "It should be fine. But make sure to text me if you need anything, Annabeth. And be careful. No drinking." She said, raising her eyebrows at both of the juniors. They nodded. "Yeah, my mom's going to be there." Percy said.

Once they were done talking to Helen, Percy had helped Annabeth up the stairs (it was a bit of a challenge) and into her bedroom. "Woah. That is a lot of books." He said, looking around at the bookshelves covering up the walls. Annabeth shrugged. "Being dyslexic doesn't stop me from reading."

"Of course it doesn't." Percy laughed. Seriously, he really seemed to enjoy saying that. "Anyways, your step mom was right. Be careful, okay? I'll pick you up for the party!" He yelled as he was heading down the stairs.

Annabeth laughed. "Can't wait." She whispered as she crutched over to her closet.

---Time Skip to when Annabeth is done getting ready lol---

Annabeth stared herself down in the mirror. It wasn't really a big party, so Percy told everyone to dress casual. Annabeth had decided to wear a romper. She didn't really care about hiding the scars on her skin. She was also wearing her hair in a high ponytail. Annabeth didn't want to wear makeup, since she wanted to show the scars on her skin. What was wrong with showing others what she had been through? She decided to wear mascara and lip gloss anyway, and pulled on her Converse once again. Then she called her stepmom.

"Helen! Could you help me down the stairs?"

"Alright, coming Annabeth!"

Going downstairs was a lot harder than going upstairs, Annabeth thought as her stepmother helped her down. Even though it was difficult, she was grateful for the help.

When she had finally come downstairs, Helen held her at arms length. "Okay Annabeth. I trust you so I know you're going to do the right thing. But please, be careful." Annabeth smiled at her stepmom. "It's alright, Helen. It's only five people meeting up. What could go wrong?" Helen smiled back. "Okay. Wear a coat. Have fun!!!" She said as Annabeth struggled outside the doors.

She saw Percy's car waiting at the front. Percy climbed out, wearing a clean shirt and cuffed jeans. "Hey Annabeth! You look great." Percy said, smiling at her. Annabeth tried not to stare at how good Percy looked. "Hey Seaweed Brain. Are we picking up The Graces and Piper?"

"You bet." Percy said as he helped Annabeth in and climbed into the drivers seat. They sped off to pick up the others.

--- time skip to when everyone is picked up ---

"Oh my god, Piper!!! Your house is so big!" Percy said. They had just finished picking up the Grace kids and Piper, and Percy was fangirling over the size of Piper's house. Piper's dad was an actor, and yet his house wasn't as big as the Grace house, it was still practically a castle.

They finally arrived at Percy's house. They had agreed on meeting up there because they wanted to meet Percy's mom and baby sister. Percy helped Annabeth out of the car and they walked into the apartment and into the elevator. Percy lived on the 4th floor. They were all getting used to Annabeth's crutches by now, and the walking arrangement.

The elevator dinged, and they all walked up to 403. Percy unlocked the door and they all stepped inside. It was a cozy building with a small kitchen, front room, and three bedrooms. Percy's mom was playing with Estelle, Percy's sister, and Percy's stepdad was recording them.

Percy's mom stood up. "Hi guys! It's nice to meet you. I'm Percy's mom, but you can call me Sally!" She shook everyone's hand.

"Mom, this is Annabeth, Jason, Thalia, and Piper." Percy introduced everyone. Sally smiled at them, her gaze lingering on Annabeth, who felt as if Sally could read her mind and her possible feelings for Percy. Could she? Was she fine with it? Then Sally smiled a knowing smile, and Annabeth felt relieved

After Paul introduced himself, Percy stood up. "Okay mom, we're hanging out in my room now, okay?" "Okay guys, have fun!" Sally said, bouncing Estelle on her lap. They headed to Percy's bedroom, and they all sat down.

"Okay, what should we do first?" Jason asked. "Well," Percy started. "We should start by playing truth or dare."

Annabeth didn't know it yet, but that game was about to change everything for her.