There He Was

Revamped!

Traveling around the world was for Maria what wings were for a bird. All her long life she had wondered what it would be like to explore the world on her own. She had many places on her bucket list set up. Some were cold, others ancient, and some were scorching hot. Considering she was prone to getting sick under the sun and was also allergic to spring, she opted for the latter.

Yet, her wanderlust spirit was screaming for adventure. After all those nights of studying and working, she wanted to reward herself. But she wanted to do it alone. It would allow her to soul search. She hoped to learn about what she loved, and hated, and about what would entice her the most to pursue in life. On her bucket list was the Big Apple. For some reason, like many other places, it called to her. She had dreamt of exploring its stores filled with holiday music, tasting its Yule-inspired cuisine, and seeing the sights and sounds of New Year at Madison Square Garden.

 She had dreamt of exploring its stores filled with holiday music, tasting its Yule-inspired cuisine, and seeing the sights and sounds of New Year at Madison Square Garden

Credit For Pic to ROMMEL TAN (Madison Square Garden)

As she sat at Maman Nomad a local coffee shop near Madison Square she thought about where her wings would take her next. She thought of all of the nights she had wept for fear of feeling lonely, anxious, and overall miserable. It wasn't like she did not still feel them at times, no life was a perfect diamond, but she felt stronger now, at least a little stronger than before.

 It wasn't like she did not still feel them at times, no life was a perfect diamond, but she felt stronger now, at least a little stronger than before

Maman Nomad

Credit to Maman Nomad Website

As she enjoyed her hot coffee with dancing marshmallows she thought of taking a walk downtown. Stretching her feet after paying for her food she called the local cabbie. As much as she would have loved to use a car, she never did get the hang of it. Furthermore, even if she was able to drive, the traffic here was 'bumper to bumper' and she was claustrophobic enough as it was. Not to mention she was afraid of drivers with road rage, and the noxious gases emitted from cars during long waiting times.

After purchasing some mittens from a local store, some books, and a box of hot cocoa she decided to head to a bar and have. a drink before heading home. She did not want to stray too far from The Beatrice Apartments where she was staying so she decided to head for The Bar and Grill Club for a drink to finish her evening.