So Close To His Flame

Thanks if you are here! The next chapter is up! Revamped!

The place was called The Birch, a quiet little shop located on the third avenue of NYC. It was comfortable, decorated with rustic furniture, and altogether relaxing. It was one of Maria's favorite haunts during her recent months here in New York.

The Birch Credit For Photo to Owner****

To be sitting across her muse sipping on her favorite drink in the world was beyond magical. She was almost afraid she would wake up from this beautiful dream, or that she had taken something and was hallucinating her idol sitting before her.

"So, what do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking, it's such a busy city," Ville asked, smiling. 

Maria was trying her best not to get a heart attack or a stroke. Being close to him gave her goosebumps, and it left her out of breath. She tried to not pass out and used the coffee to conceal the delicious smell that came from his cologne, like the ocean breeze.

"I am not from here, just traveling, wanted to spend Christmas in the Big Apple. Hopefully, on New Year's too. I want to experience Times Square. But of course, this is only of the cities on my bucket list," she said smiling. 

"I have heard of that. It is supposed to be one of the biggest spots to be in during this time of year," Ville added, sipping on his coffee, so sensually that Maria was growing jealous of the cup. She cleared her throat, wanting to take her mind off the gutter.

"As for what I do, I am a professor of social work online, with a passion for poetry, books, art, magic, music, and occult stuff," Maria said stuttering. 

"That sounds nice, sometimes I crave normalcy, but such is the life of a Rockstar. Although living with the freedom to explore your other hobbies without being hounded sounds wonderful," Ville said.

"It cannot compare to being an icon for many in this world," Maria said. 

Ville blushed smiling, "Believe me, darling, it's not all it seems to be. I mean yes, I love music and songwriting. I am proud of what I have done so far with the guys with HIM. But well, touring and being in this business is not all glam and parties," Ville said.

 But well, touring and being in this business is not all glam and parties," Ville said