Day 2

I woke up and put my clothes on. I put on my hoodie of the night sky. I usually hated school, but those days were better. much better. I walked downstairs, and out the door.

I arrived at school, and looked for Emico and Peyton first thing. I saw them, sitting on a bench near the front doors of the school. I walked over to them. 

"An outfit change I see?" Emico said. "You're wearing a different hoodie for once."

"At least this time you don't have a bl- I mean... a stain on it." Peyton said.

"Well how's Ash?" Emico said, changing the subject.

"He's great... He's so nice and caring. His smile is so cute too..." I said, drifting off. Emico snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"Wake up, romance queen. That sounds great and all, but we need to get to class." We walk into the building and start our day.

********

The day went by fast. I wanted more time to talk to Ash. I stepped outside, and saw him. He looked like he was waiting for me.

"Oh, hi!" He said.

"Hi." I replied

"Ooh, I like your new hoodie!" He said.

"Thanks." I said. I could feel my cheeks getting red.

"Well... since you're pretty much the only person I know here, I was wondering if you wanted to walk home together again?" He asked.

"YES! uh- I mean yeah, sure." I stammered.

"Ok great. And this time, I wont have to run off in the middle of it. My dad is home from work early today so my mom doesn't need my help." He said with a smile.

"Good. I have somewhere I wanna take you." I said, and we started walking.

"So," Ash said. "Where are you taking me?"

"It's a place where I go when I want to be alone." I answered.

"Cool." He said. We walked for another 10 minutes, until we got to a metal fence, covered in vines. I jumped over with ease; I had done it so many times. He seemed to tell me with his expression: "Are you sure we should do this?"

"Trust me." I said. "It's fine." He leaped over the fence and we walked again for about 5 minutes until we reached a hill with a huge cherry tree at the top.

"Wow..." He said. The tree was blossoming, and at the bottom of bed of petals sat.

"Come on." I said, and ran up the hill. He followed behind and we both sat down. We sat and talked for hours. It was my dream. Suddenly, my phone started to buzz. I had set a reminder to be home.

"I need to go." I said. "Meet back here in half an hour." And I ran off.

"Bye!" I heard him yell to me. I sprinted as fast as I could home. I burst through the front door and saw my dad sitting on the couch.

"What did we talk ab-" He said.

"I know, I know. Be home early." I interrupted. "I was hanging out with Peyton."

"You know I don't like that girl." My dad said.

"Dad. They aren't a girl. Stop saying that." I said, gritting my teeth.

"Yes, she is. She's a girl at birth and that's what she'll always be." I clenched my fists.

"I'm leaving." I said. 

"No you're not!" He yelled, but I had already stepped outside and slammed the door behind me. I ran. I ran until I came to the fence. I hopped over and sprinted up the hill. I waited. I waited for the person I wanted most. My parents would never let me. I didn't care. I would hide him from them. I heard a voice behind me.

"Hey!" It was Ash.

"Hey." I said. He sat down beside me. I saw he had a bread roll in his hand. I remembered I still hadn't eaten dinner that day. He saw me looking down at it.

"Want some?" He asked. I nodded. He split the roll in half and handed it to me. I ate and we talked. We talked until the sun began to set, then he asked me something. "Hey... are you ok?"

"No... not really..." I said quietly.

"Do you wanna talk? It might help."

"No..." I said.

"Ok. Hey, I noticed you had some scars on your hand."

"I... don't wanna talk about it." 

"Ok I'm sorry. I just wanna help you." He said. "If you ever want to talk I'm here."

"Thanks." I felt something touch my hand.

"Oh!" He said, pulling away. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't have..."

"No... it-" I said. "It helps." I reached for his hand. He took it. We lay down and were in silence. The sun had set.

After ten minutes Ash said "I should probably get going."

"Oh... yeah." I said. "I should too."

Then he did something I'll never forget. He kissed me.

"Bye!" He said, his face red. "Maybe we would do something tomorrow."

"Y-yeah..." I said, my cheeks warm. 

"Let's meet in front of the fence at 10:00." He said.

"Ok." I said.

"Bye!" He yelled, and skated off. I started walking back too. Tomorrow was the weekend. All I had to do was wait.