Chapter 23

She came back to her room and sat on the floor resting her back on the side of the bed, looking outside the window, where rays of sunlight were falling. Her mind was stuck at those words she heard. She lost the count of time, and god knows after how many minutes or hours he entered the room. She continued looking towards the window without moving an inch, as if she were in a trance. He came and sat next to her and he too started looking outside the window.

"You know Izah our lives are really messed up."

"So now you are talking to me? Huh?"
She turned to look at him slightly amused.

"I was never not talking to you!" He said with a raised eyebrow.

"Okay."

"What okay? You won't say anything else?"

"What do you want me to say Salaar?" She literally snapped at him.

"You had quite alot to say back in Dubai. Where did it all go now?"

"Is this a joke to you? Do you find all of this funny? Huh?"
She stood up, all of her emotions getting mixed up and she got triggered with the way he was talking. He stood up as well,
"Can we please not fight again. Izah I really want to talk things out with you."

"Really? You want to talk things out? Just a while ago you were telling your father how much you regret marrying me. So what now?"

"You were listening? What all did you listen?"

"Why? Did you not tell him how much you regret marrying me?"

"So you are mad about that?"

"You know what I should just go there is no point of this conversation."
And she moved beside him to go, when he reached for her arm and stopped her turning her towards himself.
"Let me go Salaar!" She looked into his eyes with a dead serious look. While he pulled her closer, their faces were only inches apart.

"I am never letting you go Izah!" He said firmly while looking deep into her eyes.

"Why?"
She almost whispered.
He was lost in her eyes, tugging the strand of hair behind her ear,
"you would know the answer only if you were patient enough to listen to the entire conversation between me and Baba."
His fingertips touching her cheeks, as he leaned in and kissed her nose. For a moment she couldn't breathe nor was she able to move. He then moved away swiftly. She was shocked with what just happened but at that moment she needed answers, so she took a deep breath and cleared her throat,
"What do you mean by that."

"By what?"

"Dont play dumb with me Salaar. What did you mean by what you just said?" She stood in front of him demanding answers.

"By what I just said or by what I just did?"
He dared to tease her in that moment when she was dead serious.

"What has gotten into you suddenly?"
she was clearly annoyed now, this man was confusing her to no end. She turned around to go and was about to open the door when she heard him say,
"I love you Izah! That's what I meant."