The Young Master Changed (3)

Allan spent one week after his initial awakening adjusting to his memories, regaining his clarity. One reason he was so sleepy and idle-minded over the past week was because he was trying to assimilate with the memories of his past life, which often left him in a blank trance-like state.

Exactly one week after his awakening, Allen's mind cleared, having completely absorbed the knowledge of Feng Lan. He was now very lucid and observant, using his outstanding sense of smell to identify those he interacted with during his trance.

Shockingly, due to his accelerated cell growth, most of the old burnt skin had fallen off, replaced by slightly pink and tender skin, leaving very little scarring over his body. His hair had grown out, too, the white strands measuring maybe three or four inches, just enough to fluff up and make him look like a puppy with the little parts that poked up to resemble a pair of dog ears on his head.

Most of the servants couldn't even recognize him, from his physical appearance change to his temperament change from volatile and wicked to mellow and soft.

Allan's caretaker, who was a middle-age woman by the name of Anna, could hardly believe this person was the same young master. She had actually reached over to pinch Allan's cheeks to make sure she wasn't hallucinating about an ideal Young Master Allan.

Allan let the caretaker pinch and pull his cheeks, having developed a strong patience that he lacked before. He actually felt very grateful to the caretaker, as she had acted as his mother while his real mother, Duchess Julia de Clarivette, acted like a slave master, so he would have let Anna do anything she wanted to him, even if she wanted to punch and smack him around like his real mother.

Allan held the woman as she cried, gently patting her back as he left his magic stir up a faint warm breeze to calm her. He let her take the day off to come to terms with her suddenly very mature young master, spending an hour in his room attempting to make incense burners.

In the end, he had to settle for using small makeup tins, poking holes in the lid and using his wind magic to enchant the the container to emit the scent of whatever flower or herb was placed inside. He made several, spending two more hours tracking down certain maids, butlers, and even family guards to distribute the gifts, claiming they were thank-you gifts for taking care of him over the past week.

One went to the maid that smelled like vanilla and cinnamon, one went to a butler that smelled of old paper and ink (the one who carried him to his room when he was found on the bookshelf), one each to the two guards who once escorted him back to his room when he'd gotten lost (smelling of iron and leather), one for the doctor (who he was very attached to because she smelled of mint), one for Anna (who smelled like vanilla), and one each to his two older brothers, who smelled like a winter morning.

Allan hesitated next to the door to his eldest brother, Liam's, study, where both elder brothers were currently speaking.

"...Young Master Allan?"

Allan jumped, glancing over his shoulder to find his father's close aide, an older man by the name of Isaac.

Isaac was very confused as to why the youngest was waiting outside of the door to the room where his older brothers were. He would have thought the boy was going to do something like disrupt the two, but when he saw those deep sapphire eyes, he quickly dismissed the thought, because his eyes were clear and calm, not filled with malice like before.

"Young Master Allan, would you like me to call Young Master Liam and Young Master Caleb?" the butler asked, his voice controlled and even, though he thought this hate-free child was actually very cute.

Allan hesitated before shaking his head. He passed the two tins to Isaac.

"Could you please give these to them? The lighter blue is Big Brother Liam's, and the darker one is Big Brother Caleb's," he said, voice soft and gentle, much more pleasant to the ears than his past demanding tone.