Chapter 1

Summer felt short. As if just yesterday it was June. Damn, I wish it was June.
It's actually the beginning of Senior year for me. Great, getting bullied again. I've been bullied for as long as I could remember. I get bullied cause I'm black. To people it's considered 'different'. To my family it's considered unique. To me it's considered bullshit.

I jump out of bed. Not literally, of course. My cat, Milly, meowed innocently like she was on Broadway. She was obviously waiting for me to wake up. My Mami and Abuelita were out. I think they were going shopping or maybe going to the store. I wasn't sure. I went downstairs and Milly even followed me. I didn't feel like eating so I just brushed my teeth. I just threw on a green shirt and white pants. Yay, I'm ready for hell.

I get to school and I'm kinda glad that nobody was really there yet. My best friend Amy was there though. She's been with me since kindergarten. Blonde hair, ocean blue eyes, strong as hell, and is on the football team.(She's the only girl on the team and yet she's better than all of the boys) She helps me with the bullies whenever she's with me. But only when she's actually with me. She's the only friend I have. I'd honestly rather have one amazing one than a bunch of fake ones.

When I walked in to the school, there was a jock right in front of me. His name was Eric. One of the most popular jocks in school. He saw me and looked at me with a smirk. Even though I knew what he was gonna do I didn't bother moving. He punched me right in the stomach. Definitely left a bruise. I'm surprised he didn't do anything else. He was confused 'cause I usually started crying but I couldn't. It was strange. Just then Amy walked in and Eric ran off.

"Did he do something to you?" Amy asked getting ready to beat him up.

"Er.. he only punched me in the stomach.. and before you say anything! It didn't even hurt." If I were Amy I wouldn't even believe myself.

"I know you're lying." Damn, she knows me too well. "I'll walk you to the nurse." She's too nice.

"Heh, thanks. But I think I'll walk myself." I thought maybe I should be tough or some shit. I knew this was a horrible idea, but I already got hurt today. So why not?

"You sure?" She raised in eyebrow. "Remember, I'm always here for you if you need me."

"Yeah, I know. Don't worry." I smiled and walked off. I didn't go to the nurse. If I did that, I would have to tell her about Eric. And Eric would make a lame excuse and blame me for whatever the hell he'd come up with. So I decided to just walk to my locker. It was by the nurse office anyway so at least Amy thought I was actually going there. Which I wasn't like I said before. I looked at my schedule. I had Home Room. I know it doesn't sound bad, but it is. Easiest way to get paper airplanes thrown at you from across the room without them getting in trouble.

I sat in the last row. Amy sat next to me since she had Home Room with me. I was so fucking lucky. There was another girl. I couldn't tell if she was new or not 'cause she had a mask and hat on her that was covering her face. We weren't allowed to wear masks and hats in school for some dumbass reason. I think it's because the teachers wanted to see our faces? Now that's creepy.

"Ellie Hampden, please take off your mask and hat. Those are strictly prohibited inside the school." Now let's see this bitch.

She took off her hat and mask and she was hot. I know it's weird to fall in love with someone this quick but I couldn't help myself. Light brown hair, green eyes, a dark blue sweatshirt, and pitch black pants. She looked familiar. Probably just some ordinary girl that reminded me of someone. Oh but fuck, I wanted to kiss her. What the hell am I saying? I barely know her. Maybe I'll talk to her after class or something.

"Yo, Alice." That sounded familiar. It was obviously Amy. I must have drifted off.

"Oh- sorry. I wasn't paying attention." I looked back at her.

"I could tell, you were looking at her. Did you catch feelings too fast?" She made that weird face whenever I had a crush. She knew I hated when she did that so she'd always tease me when I'd start liking someone.

"I don't k-know.. I just met her!" I stuttered and it was kinda obvious I did like her. At least a little.

"Whatever you say~" She leaned back in her chair and closed her eyes trying to take a rest.

Next was Math. While I was walking, I saw that girl again. I believe her name was Ellie. God, why'd she have to be so beautiful. Maybe I can invite her to sit with me at lunch.

"Hey.. I'm Alice!" I tried to act cool. "You must be Ellie, I sat next to you in Home Room."

She turned to face me, "Oh yeah! You were the one staring at me."

I felt my temperature going up. I stood there silent then thought of a quick excuse. "Sorry, I didn't mean to. I just wasn't expecting there to be a new student today."

"It's all good. I totally understand." She got her book for her next class since it was starting in a few minutes.

"Uhh.. I was wondering.. if you'd like to eat lunch with me? I understand if y-"

"Okay! I don't have anyone else to eat with so that's fine." She closed her locker and walked fast to her next class so she wasn't late.

I was actually happy.