Chapter seven

Draco
~~
Potion class was hell. I was bored out of my mind and this time I didn't feel safe at all sitting besides Flora. It felt like something was off. She was silent the whole time and she didn't even snap back when I told her to mind her own business.
Don't get me wrong, I don't like her very much and she sure felt the same way, but I wanted to know what was going on inside her head.

We both got caught up in brewing our potion. This time we did cooperate in silence but it was like there was no need for talking, and I liked that. When class ended I met up with Blaise and Pansy outside.
"How was potions?" Blaise is looking smug and I knew that he was referring to Flora. I just sighed at him.
"Blaise, I can't help that you're not over this gryffindor girl but I would really appreciate if you don't drag me into your shit. It's pretty obvious that you're still in love with her" I did exactly what Felix had told me, I looked out for his sister and this was the best way to do it.
I pushed Blaises buttons and he was clearly irritated.
Pansy Parkinson,who is a real pain by the way, looked up at me and snorted. "Blaise is not in love with her, I doubt he ever was" She looks back to Blaise. He looks weird or I don't know, his expression is hard to read.
He notice that both me and Pansy are staring at him and shakes the strange look from his face.
"What's up with you Malfoy? If I didn't know any better I would think that it's you who have the hots for Flora" I'm amused.
"Very funny actually! Unlike you I don't go for gryffindors" I smirk at Pansy and she gets all red. I snort for myself, I wouldn't go for any girl at this school.
"But seriously Blaise, don't put your effort on making her feel ashamed or something. She does a pretty good job with that herself"
The three of us laugh and proceeds to walk the big halls on our way to the dungeons. Just as we are about to take a turn someone is rushing by us, headed in the other direction. I recognize the blonde hair and the small body figure. When Flora for a second stops and glares at us I catch her eye. Once again we hold eye contact. It feels like a long time but as soon as I hear Blaises laugh I break out of my trance. She walks away, angry of course.
"Ops, I think she heard you Malfoy. Watch out, you don't want her to get angry" The sarcasm in his voice is obvious and I actually find it pretty funny. But for one second, not even that, I felt a sting in my chest.
~~
Flora
~~
I was pretty stressed out about our O.W.L s examinations and potion class was one of my weaker subjects which meant that I really needed to focus. But with Malfoy as my partner I couldn't focus at all.
I had overheard their little conversation about me yesterday. I tried to let it go but I was angry. As usual.. I was angry all the time, on everything and everyone who came in my way.

All my classes for the day was done, all but one.
Potions was scheduled as last class today and for a minute I thought about skipping, but I came to the conclusion I would only be making my situation worse.
Me and Hermione make our way down the hall to the dungeons where our class was being held. I've always had a hard time to go down here and I felt sorry for the Slytherins who had their dormitories down here.
"Back again?" A voice cleared up from nowhere. Malfoy.
"Come on Flora" Hermione dragged me in to the classroom, followed by Malfoy himself.
I sat down at my desk and he was not late to do the same.
"So your not talking to me?" He smirks at me.
"Please would you just shut up?" I must control myself.
He mutters something but still with a smirk on his face. Vile.

I end up ruining our potion and Malfoy was not late to comment.
"Can you do anything right? I thought you were a princess, so much for that royalty" I sigh as he comments.
"I suck" I have no energy left to be angry at this point and I figured that I might just give up.
Malfoy mutters something under his breath.
"I will not have you ruining my grade, so I'm going to help you" I look at him in disbelief. Why did he try to act kind?
"What makes you think that I want your help?" I fire back. I did need help, but not necessary from him though.
"Suit yourself, but next time I'm making my own then. I will not let you ruin this" His act was gone and he went back to his old attitude.
"What's with the attitude Malfoy? You don't need to act like such a prat all the time!"
My tone was hard. No one did ever take me seriously and he was not an exception. Not only did he laugh about it yesterday but he's doing the same thing right now. I glare at him.
"You're not that scary, you know" Snape dismisses the class and I get up from the desk. I'm not even angry, just so tired from everything that's been happening this week.
As I try to walk out the classroom Malfoy grabs my arm. He looks me straight in the eye again, sending this shiver down my spine. They are really gray and for a moment I even admirer them.
"I will help you with this, whether you want it or not" He's almost whispering again. The lump in my throat is back and all I can do is nod. He lets go of my arm.
I can feel his eyes following me as I proceed to walk out the classroom.