Chapter 57

Zabuza took in the people before him. A sigh left him. He would be dead if Athena didn't need him for something. He knew that. He was surprised that he managed to survive up to that point. If that Hyuga had not stopped Athena he would not be there. Maybe Kakashi actually had a point when it came to the kid being a gaurdian angel. He looked to Haku, who had removed his mask and not broken eye contact with the Uchiha. It seemed he was interested in fighting him.

Zabuza was no idiot. He knew the odds were against him. Athena was enough to take them both. The same went for Naruto. And seeing that the Uchiha had improved, he believed the boy could handle Haku. Kakashi can actually defeat him now. He would not fall for the same trick twice. The Hyuga. He eyed her. He didn't know where she stood, but he would not dare try to harm her. Not after last time. He couldn't even think about harming her. No. He would be digging his own grave.

Athena quirked a brow when Zabuza addressed her. His entire tone was annoyed and defeated at the same time. She smiled. Oh? Had he finally accepted his fate?

"Listen kid" he started, fixing his sword on his back. He couldn't believe he was about to give into this child. Then again she was strong enough to kick his ass. "What exactly do you want from Haku and I? "

Athena pocketed her hands. She tilted her head as if asking Zabuza a question in return.

"Yes, I ignored everything you said to me on our first meeting"

Wow.

Athena nodded. "I have a network of spies" she grinned as she looked at him. "Mercenaries too"

Zabuza raised a brow at this. Well that sounded interesting.

"I want you and Haku to work for me. I offer you good money, good living and of course protection " Athena pitched her offer. "I have to admit it was pretty stupid of you to move against the Mizukage"

"You're not helping your case"

Tazuna stood aside and looked between the two. Was this man not there to kill him? Why was Athena offering a job? This kid was seriously pissing him off.

"No one even looked at me when I arrived" Naruto mumbled in disappointment and moved to stand next to Hinata. He was pouting like a child as he watched Athena and Zabuza interact. "I made a cool entrance and everything"

Hinata looked at him, smiling at the sad puppy air he was letting off. He was being really cute right now and she couldn't help herself when she moved to pet him on the head.

"It's alright" she comforted him in the process. "I looked at you. I think your entrance was pretty cool"

Naruto's bottom lip quivered as of he was going to cry. "You really are an angel. This world doesn't deserve you"

Hinata blushed at the statement and looked away. She wouldn't go that far.

Suddenly Naruto perked up and looked at Zabuza. He grinned.

"Hey Zabuza! "

"What do you want? "

"I'll make you say my name! "

The ninja blinked at the words. Kakashi looked at his student, questioning the meaning behind the words.

"Oh my" Haku sounded very amused. "I do believe he plans on bending you over, Zabuza"

"The hell!?  "

Athena sighed and took her brother by the collar. Without so much of a word she threw him off the bridge, ignoring his shout of shock and betrayal.

"Now, as I was saying"

Hinata moved to the edge of the bridge to search for the boy, while Athena talked to Zabuza. She leaned over the railing in search of the blonde.