CHAPTER ELEVEN

L'AMOUR DANS L'ART

─── 。゚☆: *.
chapter eleven ; it's like life knows
exactly when you're happy,
so it can fuck you over.

NARA SAT in the coffee shop, twirling her pencil in between her fingers, her sketchbook wide open. The page was littered with doodles, ones of ramen, leaves, and eyebrows. She was passing time in the shop while waiting for Taehyung to finish his photoshoot, so he could pick her up, not wanting to take the train knowing it would be packed, especially at the time of day.

The sun was peaking through the windows, illuminating natural light into the shop, it's warmth making it bearable in the slightly colder weather, the birds chirping happily, as the leaves danced along to the wind, a calm ambience surrounding the customers inside the coffee shop, the scent of coffee beans adding comfort to the space.

Her head snapped up, hearing the screech of wood against cement in front of her, seeing the chair being pulled backwards, and now occupied. "Good afternoon," He greeted, placing his tray on the table, and sliding Nara an iced Vanilla Latte.

The girl's mouth opened, taking a couple moments to close it once again, seeing as she had no words for what was happening. "Are you just gonna stare or . . . ?" The raven haired boy teased, smirking at the now flustered Nara in front of him.

"Wha─" Nara breathed out, letting the entire situation sink in.

Get yourself together, you idiot. She thought.

Clearing her throat, she shook her head. "─What's all this?" She asked, her cheeks burning at the the thought of her sort-of crush buying her coffee ─ her favorite coffee.

"Well, you looked kind of lonely sitting here, so I decided, why not join you." He answered, sending her a warm smile, his cheeks squishing up, making them look like bread cheeks. Nara found him absolutely adorable, his standoffish persona immediately being stripped away.

"You should smile more. It makes you look less intimidating." She commented, clearing her throat once more, before shifting in her seat for a more comfortable position. "I like being intimidating." He mused, making Nara chuckle, rolling her eyes. ". . . Thank you, for this." She said, as he shrugged, Nara taking that as a 'No problem'.

"So, why are you here alone? Aren't you normally with that doe-eyed friend of yours?" He asked, as Nara grumbled at the memory of Jungkook ditching her. "His name's Jungkook, and he ditched because he had to take care of some things── code for he's getting dicked down." She groaned, ready to rant about the person Jungkook ditched her for, not exactly fond of them.

Yoongi almost choked on his Americano, his eyes widening in surprise at Nara's vulgar language.

"Sorry?"

"You're forgiven." Nara teased, as the boy quickly composed himself, taking another sip from his coffee to drown out the portion he had almost choked on. "That was cheesy." He replied, cooly, making Nara roll her eyes.

"You're cheesy." She pouted, causing Yoongi to chuckle at her poor attempt of a comeback, shaking his head. "Well, I prefer the term romantic, but cheesy works too." He winked, feeling satisfied at the sudden redness on Nara's cheeks, shamelessly flirting.