part 1: first day of fourth year (a total mess)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: p.s.: I made chapters 1-7 when I was younger, so chapter 8 is when it gets a bit better. So don't give up on me lol. so ya'll...I'm thinking about doing these before my stories. Give you tidbits of future stories...tips to make my stories feel more real and all of that stuffff. Well, I doubt anyone will read this anyway-but. During the stories, I will be doing different pov's from different people's perspectives. One story, like this one, may just be one person's perspective...but as we go along, I may switch it up and have Draco, Ron, Hermione, and anyone else in my story to switch it up and let you know each character's thought process. And yes, before you ask, Draco will get his time to shine...but lemme tell you, Ron will too...anyways, if you listen to music while reading this it makes it feel so cooollll. I looked up a Slytherin playlist and it really brought it together, so I recommend. Ok, that was kinda long...but I hope you like!!!

It was September 1, and I don't think I could have been any more excited. As I looked at my pocket watch in my palm, I noticed that It was nearing 11 a.m. which meant that I would be boarding the Hogwarts Express within a few minutes' time. My stomach rumbled with excitement and my brain fluttered with possibilities of the new school year. I was dearly excited to become a fourth year here at Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. My third year had been rather chaotic and hectic...but I found it extremely exciting for my imagination. I breathed in the humble fall air, the enticing new year loomed ahead as I scanned the station, looking for any familiar faces. Although I hadn't had many what-I-would-consider-good friends last year, I was determined to have some during this year.

 I often kept to myself and read for the majority of the school term, but this year was different...and do you want to know why?

It was because I looked like an entirely different person. That's right...my third year I was the nerdy girl with glasses twice the size of her head and hair so tangled it appeared to be a giant rat's nest! The transition from my prepubescent fourteen self to my gorgeous and full fifteen body had served me well, I had grown much taller...nearly reaching 5'7", and I had grown out my long waves...learning to tend to their needs and making them appear much more defined. My hair was a dirty blond, which was not quite the blondness I desired, but much better than the nearly brunette hair I had last year. My glasses had become a thing of the past, I only wear them to see close-up objects...like reading the label on a candy jar or trivial things similar to that. I learned how to wear makeup...well, I had tried...my skin had sorta cleared up from last year, and I learned that I had rosatia...my cheeks flushed at, what it seemed, every little thing.

My eyes had always been this odd purple color...but I had learned to like it. My glasses had often covered my eyes, so I suppose my classmates had never really taken notice of their unreal vibrance. Besides that, my mum had said I had hit "puberty" or whatever that means...I didn't really pay attention as she went on about my thighs and such, but I will say that I was quite a late-bloomer.

Anyhow, I appeared much different to the eye...but my old soul had remained the same. I love to read, you see...so that means that I find myself better acquainted in made-up realities, a vacation for the imagination per se.

Books give me a way out of my lonely life and place me somewhere that fulfills my dreams of a whole new world. It sounds awfully desperate when you say it like that...but aren't we all a bit lonely sometimes?

The ringing sound of the train and swoosh of the wind behind it awakened me from my vivid daydream. 

Hogwarts, here I come!

I boarded the Express with high hopes and ambition...the fresh feeling of a new start and a new year.

I found myself a comfortable seat after loading my luggage. Sighing happily as I pulled out my current reading book: Adventures in the Sky.