Chapter 1- The library

• Dedicated to Someone random

It was like any normal night for me, going to the library to read. I loved to spend hours taking in the vast knowledge in all the books. However this day was different, I when I got there and immediately went to the fantasy section. I looked at the books and saw that there was one in a language I'd never seen before so I pulled the book out. At that time two things happened, one a little area in the wall opened, and two a key fell out of the book. I leaned down and picked up the key, I got a hold of it and ran to the little opening in the wall with the book and key. I don't know why but my instincts told me to. I slide in and as I did the opening closed and a new opening on the other side appeared. I thought for a second what is going on Wade, then I looked forward and exited the small room.

As I crawled out I began to get up I looked in front of me at a sign that said "Welcome chosen one to the library of well you'll figure that out, use the key to get in then use the books inside to translate that book, now go." I thought that was a wierd sign, anyway I began to walk to the door on the other side of the room. Suddenly I felt no ground thank god I stopped there or I would of died. I looked down and saw there was a twenty foot long chasm in front of me. I looked to my side and saw three boards that looked about ten feet long. I looked into the chasm it only looked about 10 feet deep but there were spikes at the bottom what was worse is that there were like 3 skeletons in there. I grabbed one board and put it out about 6 feet out I grabbed another board I began to walk on the first. I was afraid that the board would break or tilt to my surprise it didn't. I put the second board down out about 6 and a half feet there was still a 7 and a foot gap. I grabbed the last board and placed the book and key in my pocket. I began to walk but the boards started to tilt I dropped the last board to the side and ran. I screamed "screw it!" and jumped I missed the landing but landed my hands on the ledge of the ground. With all my strength I pulled my self up. I was laying down on the ground when i saw a cage drop and was slowly opening. I got up and looked around, I saw a sword. I ran up and grabbed it. Just then the cage opened with more skeletons in it. Then a lion charged out, I was shocked. It ran at me I swayed left the lion stopped an turned it charged me again and I dodged again. I had gotten a plan, and I went right in front of the chasm. It charged me one last I dodged right and it jumped right into the chasm I slapped it in the butt with the butt of my sword as it jumped in. I looked forward at the door. I yelled "anymore surprises!" There was no answer I slowly walked up to the door. I get to it took the key, and jammed it in. I twisted it, and opened the door.

When I got in I looked around and saw a huge library with mutiple floors. I said "How can I translate this book with this huge library."

Then a man came down the stairs and said "you don't have,to that book was a trick just look at it." I looked into it and it was blank. He continued talking "I see you passed my test, good I wanted someone like you to come along so you can read thease books on elemental weapons and you could adventure out and find them."

I said " wait, did you say elemental weapons."

"yes,'' he replied back "and I have only gotten one in my lifetime and I am soon to die, what is your name since you passed my test I will write my whole will out to you and you will get this library. My only request is that you attempt to find all the elemental weapons and bring them here."

I was shocked and wierded out, I said my name "Wade Burns."

"Okay now I will take you home and tomorrow I will fill out my will to you," He said.

I then asked "Whats your name?"

He said back "Nicolas Barber." I was shocked he was one of the most famous people ever to live in Connecticut.

I asked "wheres the Elemental weapon?'

He said back "why your holding it." I was even more shocked. He then the sword took it from my hands. "Now lets get you home," and we went out the back door and from there I walked home.