Chapter 28: Settling In

"Knock, knock," Drogo murmured as he rapped on Sabrina's door.

"Who is it?"

"It's me. Mister Bartholy," Drogo chuckled. "I have your things."

The door opened and Sabrina beamed up at her lover. He grabbed her shoulders and gently walked her backwards a few steps. He then dragged the large trunk into the room, and closed the door behind him. As soon as it was shut, Drogo pulled her into his arms and kissed her mouth passionately. Sabrina's eyes widened at his bold gesture and she pulled back a little.

"Drogo," she whispered. "What are you doing? We have to be very careful."

Drogo smirked. "Hence the closed door," he pointed behind him.

"Yeah... but didn't you say that your siblings have super sensitive hearing?" She retorted, keeping her voice low.

Drogo shrugged. "They do... but they don't turn it on unless they suspect something is amiss." He pulled her back toward him, attempting to continue his kiss, but she placed a finger over his lips.

"I... I don't feel comfortable enough here to do this... yet," she explained.

Drogo sighed and let go of her. He walked toward her bed and sat down.

"Make yourself comfortable, why don't you?" Sabrina smirked.

"Hey... this is my house... in case you're forgetting," Drogo replied, narrowing his eyes at her.

"Correction," she said sassily. "This is your father's house."

Drogo stood up and approached her, looking dangerous. "Careful now, little thing... don't push your luck." But the mischievous sparkle in his amber eyes reassured Sabrina — he was just being playful.

Sabrina let out a tiny giggle. "I'm not afraid of you... Mister Bartholy," she emphasized the last two words.

Drogo stopped and tilted his head to one side, scrutinizing her. "I'm not sure I like Lorie's new nanny that much," he said sarcastically, scratching his chin. "I thought she was going to be much nicer to the man who hired her."

"Ha! Wrong!" Sabrina gave him a thumbs down, staring at him defiantly. "Just because I work here doesn't mean you get to do whatever you want with me."

"I see," Drogo growled. "You're going to play hard to get... Miss Forester."

"That's right," Sabrina put her hands on her hips and looked him up and down. "You have to show some respect to your employees, Mister Bartholy."

They faced each other like that for a while, in a game of stare-down. Eventually, Drogo burst out laughing. Sabrina relaxed and smiled back.

"Very well... point well taken," Drogo shook his head. "I shall keep my distance... and my hands off."

"Good. I expect you to behave," Sabrina retorted as she walked toward her trunk and unlatched it.

"By the way... you owe me ten bucks," Drogo came and stood right behind her.

"What for?" She turned her face sideways and glanced at him out of the corner of one eye, clearly confused.

"For dragging that God-awful thing all the way across town," he pointed toward the trunk. "It weighs a ton!"

"And whose fault is that?" Sabrina arched an eyebrow. "As I recall... someone went shopping in my stead and got all of that stuff that now suddenly weighs a ton."

Drogo scoffed and placed a kiss on the back of her neck. "Should I return it?" He murmured against her skin as he continue nuzzling her.

"Don't you dare," Sabrina chuckled. "But don't complain about it either."