Leaving him

accidental encounter with the mafia boss: part 6
:kth: @vantemajins

"they were what...?" her breath caught in her throat, she whispers, her eyes no longer on suho, but on the table. her mind is trying to comprehend everything. both taehyung and suho's eyes on her, her breath quickens, her head confused. so suddenly, her head starts pounding as random flashback flashes in front of her eyes. tears were dropping down onto the table as taehyung looks away, gulping the lump in his throat.

"yn, dear-" yn shakes her head and covers her ears, the ringing in her mind seems to multiply by the second. taehyung's eyes glide over to meet with yn's shaking form as his instincts took over. immediately, he pushes his chair back as he stands up, coming behind yn and stands her up. his strong arms secure itself around her waist as she sobs into her hand, her head resting on his chest. he didn't know anyway to comfort her. she was no longer the little girl he used to love. even if she was the same person, he didn't know who she was or what happened to her.

"you're okay, princess." he whispers, hoping the little nickname calms her down, maybe just slightly. hearing the familiar nickname, her heart beat softens slightly. even if this accidental encounter with her childhood best friend was so sudden and strange, it showed her that there was someone here that knows her, and hopefully, cared for her.

suddenly, suho sighs and stands up, an "i told you so" expression on his face. yn pulls away slightly, her face stained with her shedded tears. taehyung's arms still around her waist, he looks down at this fragile girl, who didn't know who she was truly.

"yn, would you like to come live with me again? after everything, i think it's best if you just focus on yourself for a bit." he suggest as yn pulls away, nodding gratefully at taehyung and turns around.

"uncle-"

"yes, please." she mumbles, her voice tired. she wanted to know more about what happened, and it seemed like suho knew some information about her and her past.

"you're not, yn. kang jaemin is still after you."

"kang jaemin?" suho asks as yn nods.

"i thought he's your boyfriend."

"i broke up with him after i found him cheating." she mumbles, sniffing slightly, drying her leftover tears.

"okay well, you can recover from that too." smiling softly, yn turns around and bows slightly to taehyung.

"thank you for taking care of me this past week. i think i'm going to live with uncle for a bit." taehyung sighs, annoyed that no one was listening to him.

"kang jaemin. he can kill you if you step outside this place."

"he doesn't know where uncle lives. its fine." she smiles sadly and nods before turning towards the door. taehyung really wanted to keep her safe with him, but he couldn't bare to see her unhappy here.

"should i station men around-"

"no need tae. i don't think anyone would think she knows me." suho smiles, walking over to give his nephew a hug.

"your mother must be so proud of you for taking care of her." he chuckles as a small smile makes its way up his face.

"i hope so."

[the next day]

"i'll miss you yn." chase mumbles, giving her one last hug as yn smiles.

"i'll miss you too chae. thank you for taking care of me this past week." yn mutters after pulling away from the hug.

"all right. let's go yn." suho nods as yn waves chae goodbye, her eyes lingering on taehyung's who stands in the back, watching her leave. giving him one last smile, she turns around and follows suho to his car.

[a few hours later]

"per taehyung's demand, he asks if you can do your work online. he doesn't feel safe with you going to work by yourself." suho says after they settled down in suho's little house.

"i think i can arrange that. thank you again uncle." nodding, he comes into the room and sits on the chair by her study table.

"hey uncle?"

"yes dear?" he says, wiping the dust off the table. his attention back on yn, she didn't know if she should ask the question or not.

"how did you know what happened to my parents?"

"i was there. but i didn't want you to worry about anything at such a young age, so i just went along with the car accident we have filed everywhere." he explains, a sigh escaping his lips right after.

"then w-who killed them?" yn whispers. suho looks at her silently, his lips pursed together and then diverts his eyes from hers.

"i cannot say sweetheart." smiling sadly at her, he gets up. "you may find out one day, but please do not blame it on the wrong person." with that, he leaves the room, closing the door gently behind him. getting into the covers, letting a loud sigh come out of her mouth.

"why?"

"hey uncle suho?" the nine year old calls after midnight. stirring from his sleep, suho sits up and rubs his eyes, a gentle smile on his lips.

"what is it sweetheart?" he calls as yn scurries over towards his bed, climbing on it.

"i can't fall asleep." she pouts as suho chuckles, opening his arm to let the little girl rest her head on his arm.

"you can sleep here for tonight then." suho whispers and puts the cover over yn's body. snuggling closer into the covers of the king sized bed, she finally felt safe, as if she finally has someone to rely on, a father figure.

[the next day]

letting the sunlight into the room, yn's eyebrows furrow together as the light hit her face. groaning, she turns towards the side as a chuckle escape suho's lips as he watches yn struggle against the light.

"come on sweetheart, time to get up." suho says, sitting down next to the bed with a glass of water in hand. yn's eyes open slightly and see suho sitting there, a bright smile on his face.

"you didn't leave me?" she mumbles, sitting up slowly.

"why would I leave you, dear?" he says, rubbing her back as she gulps the liquid down. he was curious, to say the least. why would a little girl think he'll leave her just days after keeping her under his wing.

"because mama and papa left me." she mumbles, crawling closer to him. suho picks up the little girl and places her on his lap.

"i won't leave you sweetheart. i promise you, okay?" he holds out his little pink as yn's lips slowly form into a small smile. she hooks her tiny pinky around his and presses her thumbs against his.

"thank you uncle suho."

back at the mansion, taehyung paces back and forth in his office, still not comfortable with the idea of yn out of his sight. it has only been a week since he saw first saw her, yet he became so attached. what is happening? new to this sudden feeling of caring for someone, he was rather confused. why is he caring so much of someone who could barely remember what happened in their childhood, all the good memories?

"boss, we have new information from kang's men." nodding, taehyung leaves the office, following one of his men to the hostage hall.

"well?" taehyung demands, his hands behind his back.

"all he said was 'there is someone close to you betraying all of you.' i'm not sure what it means as i've already done the background check for all of the workers here." the man replies as they stop right outside the door. nodding his head at the man, he takes signal and push open the big iron door, to the sight of the numerous people tied up in their spots, some unconscious and some glaring deep wounds into taehyung's soul.

"i would watch out if i were you, kim taehyung."