Layla's Pov

As many of you had requested here is layla's pov

Daniel.

When I hear that name I remember the boy who gave me a Horrible memory of highschool and also the son of the two people I love the most in this world.

Mr. And Mrs. Harrington mean the world to me. After grandma passed away I truly thought of myself as an orphan. I was in a bad place mentally. When they both came into my life I truly thought that I had someone. I was ready to do anything for them.

When I got to know that Daniel was their son I didn't know how to react. At first I tried to be civil with him. I mean I was no more in highschool. We both were fully grown, mature adults, there was no point in bringing up the past.

After the things that happened with uncle Robert was when I felt truly sorry for him. I know what it was like to see your father in a hospital room. I was just being nice to him.

Aunt told me that he was feeling better in my company during his hard time and asked me if I could look after him when his cook was not there. I could not refuse given the condition that their family was in.

Given the history between me and Daniel I never in a million years expected him to ask me out. Never. He hated me back then and after a while the feeling was mutual. Some of the worst memories are associated with him.

All these years even if I dreamt about falling in love I was always afraid to take a chance because back when I was not attractive I had seen how shallow the world was.

When I think back on it practically I have every reason to say yes to him, he was tall, attractive, the heir of a multi million dollar company, moreover Mr. And Mrs. Harrington's son. He had money, looks, everything a girl could dream about but not for me..........

A relationship that has love but no mutual respect or trust between two people is bound to fail while a relationship which started on the common grounds of trust and respects for one another and grew into love eventually is domrhing that is going to last.

I can't say yes to him. I just can't. I try to forget but just thinking about highschool makes my blood boil. There is too much anger and resentment in my mind and even if I  get past that given the fact that he bullied me for the way I looked makes me question that if I say yes and tomorrow with age the way I look changes or something happens to me, will he still stay with me?

I know that I have distance myself from uncle and aunt now. Before I used to go and visit them everyday bit now I have to realise that even if j might be a person they like Daniel was their son and he will always come first in their life.

Everything that happened tonight has messed up mind.

Daniel said that he loves me, LOVES ME, his exact words were 'Be mine'. I was so confused at that moment and felt a mixture of so many emotions that all I could think about was pushing him away and running away from all of it.

He was not only uncle and aunt's son but also now my boss, my landlord and my neighbour and also one of the most powerful people on earth. His surname itself was a brand.

What had my own life gotten me into?

I am sorry Daniel, I can't return your feelings.

Taking a deep breath I went to sleep on my bed.