Her Fricken First Period

I assisted Nora with chores and even stole a few kisses from her.

I loved being alone like this with her. Away from others and the rest of the world. It was as if we were the only ones in it. No pack house to worry about or even a pack for that matter. Just her. I just cared for her.

The sky was clear for the most part and Nora said there wouldn't be any storms for a while. Tomorrow was Thanksgiving and I was really looking forward to the stuffing portion of it.

By the end of the day, after an enjoyable dinner in which we laughed and joked and shared a few experiences, I held her in my arms on my lap in front of the fire place. I rested my chin in her neck as she read allowed Call of the Wild to me. She picked the book because it's about a strong Alaskan Husky. Close enough to a wolf I guess.

I fell asleep in the chair and didn't care if I woke up with back-aches, my mate was in my arms.

Nora poked me awake and I opened my eyes to find her kind face staring lovingly back at me. She ran her hand through my quickly growing hair and I sighed. Never before had I felt so much love from another person.

I cupped her hand that rested on my cheek and nuzzled more into it, then I kissed her palm. "Let's get you to bed, wolfy," I smirked at her nickname. I picked her up which surprised her and carried her bridal style to the bed. I gently placed her on the bed and stripped my clothes off. I crawled into the bed and plopped down while she got dressed.

But she hadn't gotten dressed. After she slipped into the covers, I felt her bare skin come in contact with mine. We were both in our underwear. Her squishy body pressed against my hard one and I hummed in approval. I turned my body and held her small frame in my big arms.

The next morning, I was sleeping away from Nora. I heard whimpering and quickly turned over, finding my little Nory in the fetal position on the bed.

"Baby, you okay?" I quickly asked, trying not to give myself a heart attack with the pet name I just gave her. She groaned and mumbled a "no." I began to worry.

"What's wrong?" I asked getting out of bed and jumping over to her side. My toes on the hardwood floor and my knees bent so I was eye level.

"I think—" she tried to say, "I think I've started my period." I blushed. I knew nothing about that topic of the human body!

"Okay, um ... what can I do for you? How can I help?" She must be experiencing cramps, then, right?

"Yeah, can you run to the store and get tampons and pain killers?"

"Why don't you already have that stuff?"

"This is my first time getting my period."

"Wait, really?" She nodded.

"Okay, um ... what kind of tampons, aren't their sizes or something?"

"Just get regular."

"Okay. I'll be right back, baby." I kissed her hair and my heart warmed at her soft smile. I hurriedly dressed then ran to the store, literally, I knew I was faster than Nora's truck.

I ran as a wolf then turned into a human before going into the drug store. I grabbed ibuprofen and a box of regular tampons. I also grabbed pads remembering that some girls used those instead. Nora might not know what she prefers yet.

I stopped for a moment wondering when I became such a squishy boyfriend but quickly ignored my squishiness and went back to worrying about Nora. I ran to the check out stand after grabbing junk food and heating pads. I used the money she gave me then quickly ran back to her.