Chapter 1

Austria-Hungary sat in an oversized armchair in front of the large windows that had their curtains drawn. His crowned glasses lay folded on the table beside his long-cold cup of tea, an envelope from Germany, and a newspaper. The empire's elbows sank into the armrests while his hands massaged his cheeks and brows, fingers carding through his sharp bangs. He dragged his fingers down his face. His ring fingers, ungloved, caught on the corners of his bottom lip and pulled it down. He nibbled faintly on his fingertips as his breath filtered in between his teeth and hands.

The roaring fire in his fireplace had nothing to do with why Austria-Hungary was burning up. With every article he read in the paper and every letter from Germany detailing his intentions against the other European powers, Austria-Hungary felt inflamed. The depth of his ally's ambition swept Austria-Hungary into a deluge, and he could only clutch the boat, hoping for another salty, tangy kiss at their next conference.

He could hardly tell the German Empire's thoughts sometimes. The man kept them restrained, unwilling to let desires rule his body and mind unchecked. Austria-Hungary wanted to peel back the layers of him, both mentally and physically, until Germany lay bare beneath his green and red fingers. At every letter, he could imagine Germany dictating the words to him in their shared tongue, occasionally clutching his fist or gesturing. His imagination made it difficult for him to focus on Germany's written word, especially when Germany wrote multiple pages and ended it with Auf Wiedersehen, mein Verbündeter. So thorough. So precise. So organized and disciplined.

What would make the German lose all control?

Would he tremble when Austria-Hungary knelt before him and touched the front of his pants expectantly? Would he force down his erection at the sight of Austria-Hungary licking his lips? Or maybe, just maybe his pupils would shrink to pinpoints at the angelic cries of "Mehr, Kaiserreich!" and Austria-Hungary would be able to feel how sharp Germany's teeth were.

Austria-Hungary's breaths came heavier through his fingers as he fantasized about his ally. Biting his lower lip, he glanced at the wall to his fancy white and gold telephone, debating whether or not to dial the operator at four in the morning. Germany would be awake at this hour, doing paperwork or making phone calls of his own to countries in different timezones. He probably held his composure perfectly well over the phone too; his tone of voice wouldn't change no matter how deep Austria-Hungary took him into his throat. He wanted Germany to fondle him, finger him, fuck him all while finishing his naval commissions. With that unmoved expression boring down on him, he wanted those tricolored fingers around his throat, keeping him quiet and controlled while his hole was filled balls-deep.

He slouched in the huge chair and brought up his bare legs, his nightgown falling down to his thighs and exposing his erection. The dualistic monarchy closed his eyes and reached within his own mind to draw upon his lesser half. Ungarn... awaken, he thought. A red line slowly spiralled downward.

Why have you summoned me outside of my kingdom? a thought answered. Within Austria-Hungary's fused mind, this thought was a green and white tendril, like a sapling surging from the ground and curling itself around the red and white thoughts of Austria.

I want to pleasure us, but I desire your consent. Austria's thought tendril ran parallel to Hungary's, stroking it, and the green and white line shuddered as it became privy to all of those fantasies about the German Empire. Austria-Hungary's cock twitched, eking out a bead of precum as his body replayed those pleasures in an instant.

How do you wish to do this? Hungary asked telepathically. Austria-Hungary felt his nerves recalibrate as his other half began to awaken. Parts of him began to twitch on their own, and occasionally he felt otherworldly, his limbs going dead while Hungary phased into a separate existence.