LITTLE THINGS.

❛ killed my old self,but the new meisn't much better

but the new me
isn't much better. ❜

 ❜

AUGUST CLEMENTE ISN'T FULLY SOLD ON THIS WHOLE HERO THING. Don't get him wrong ━━ he's grateful that they saved him and all of that... he just wishes they'd been a little earlier and maybe gotten them all out before the creepy doctors managed to activate his metagene, changing his DNA enough that he can shift sizes at will.

It's not the best superpower in the world and it comes with the fun added bonus of having to spend hours in a lab, where Karen Beecher works because she's the closest thing they have to an expert in his kind of problem. The metahuman shelter they have makes for an okay home, a place to rest but honestly, as far as August can see, there's only actual silver lining to the rain cloud that is his current life and his name is Jaime Reyes.

The apparent best friend to Eduardo Junior's boyfriend, Jaime is almost always at the Taos shelter, helping out wherever he can. He's good at keeping Wendy Jones calm, at stopping Bart Allen from moving at lightspeeds, and causing August heart palpitations.

He knows he's a member of the Outsiders, somebody way too busy to be spending so much time at the meta-human youth center. He knows that he's hands down the coolest hero of them all (Batman, who?).

What he apparently doesn't know, much to annoyance of his new best friend, Lia Briggs, is that the feeling is mutual.

Add in a few supervillains, light trauma and Ray Palmer's sudden disappearance, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

↝ 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
Hi I'm Maeve, I'm eighteen & I never learned how to control my impulses. But I'm pretty sure it's okay, since Jaime is getting a boyfriend & we're gonna work on the utter lack of fics for him on this site.

Again, this is part of a series, with two other fics currently up; Fingerprints, for Artemis Crock & Break That Way, for Kaldur. There are definitely more on the way, but for now, these are the only ones up.

Dedicated to: antigalacticDICKBENDERSyalocalwitch,
SASSYSHIROcosmiccookiesmandadlorians & ravaagers

Dedicated to: antigalactic, DICKBENDERS, yalocalwitch,SASSYSHIRO, cosmiccookies, mandadlorians & ravaagers

[ This is part of the ❛ 𝐈𝐅 𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐃 ❜ series, a collection of stories that focuses on the Young Justice universe. It's not necessary to read every book in the series, but characters from the other parts of the series can & will crossover. ]