Chapter 08: 𝐇𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐝

I'm back-

Hopefully my vocabulary doesn't suck today.

And plus, new story cover✨

°°°

Someone once told me a certain story of a specific Oiran. They say she was extremely beautiful, though her heart was cruel and was cold as stone. They said that that they saw her in their youth and middle age. They deliberately appended ' Hime ' to her name, for if  you got on her bad side...

She'd tilt her head and stare down at you.

According to them, she's the only one who did that specific action. No one knew what happened to those who angered her, and until today it was still a mystery.

×

His footsteps creaked the wooden tiled floor, his hands carrying the small pile of clothes as he wiped off the sweat dripping from his face. He felt uncomfortable, he knew something was wrong, a smell so impure yet cruel filled his nose up. Tanjiro lifted his head up and stared into the moonlit sky, seeing the darkness slowly eating away the last spots of light.

" Kamado, "

A voice said as the young boy turned towards the stranger's direction. His eyes slightly widened at the familiar face and his mouth agape.

" ( L/n )-San! What are you doing here? "

" We got a demon to catch, "

His eyes sparkled at the sentence as he nodded, quickly going over towards his room inside the house. As for the other male, he went over towards where Uzui is at, discussing out the upcoming plan for the mission.

Tanjiro filled up the basket with water, splashing his face with the liquid to wash off the makeup coating his face. He puts on his uniform, along with his haori and his sword set beside his belt.

I should tell Koinatsu-San about this.

He thought before heading towards the Oiran's room. His footsteps quiet making sure to not make a noise or any suspicion.

The shoji opened, the woman lifting her head up and looked at Tanjiro with a questioned look. The boy was on his knees, his hands rested on his lap as he bowed upon the Oiran.

" Koinatsu-San, forgive me for being impolite but I will be leaving the Tokito house for now. I owe everyone here for all the care provided for me. I have my reasons for dressing up as a girl, though really I'm actually a boy, "

" Oh, I knew that. I could tell just by looking... and hearing as well, "

Her gentle voice spoke up, her red lips curling into a nervous smile. This made Tanjiro dumbfounded, wondering how the Oiran could find out his disguise.

" Though you were worried about Suma-Chan right? Is that why you were here? "

He nodded at her sentence, making her feel just a bit comfortable with the conversation as her hand made it's way to her chest. The sad look in her eyes as she told Tanjiro about someone who is willing to take her in as his wife, making Tanjiro happy for her.

" You don't need to worry more, Koinatsu-San! Just smile. I'll take care of this, "

With one last bow, the young boy left the room. Suddenly, another knock was heard after Tanjiro headed out.

" Did you forget something? "

Yeah maybe I really do.

The voice made her heart jumped, the worried look on her face as she turned her head around to see someone else that she least expected.

" I'll have to eat you right now so I wouldn't forget. Hope you don't mind, Koinatsu, "

×

" ( L/n )-San, don't mind me. Just find the others, "

" Well you are his wife, you're a very valuable part of this mission. All I need is information of what the demon looked like, "

He exclaimed, looking down at the woman, not giving a care about her wounds as she coughed harshly, the blood staining her kimono. ( Y/n ) sighed, taking some sort of medicine from his pocket and giving it to Hinatsuru.

" Here, do it yourself. I absolutely do not want to take care of someone's wife, "

" I'm... sorry for not being of any use, "

" And do I look like I care for your overall use? I came searching for you just for some information of the demon, nothing else. So spit it out, tell me what did it look like, "

She sighed as her hands tried to help her sit up, her back now pressed against the wall.

Tengen's wife: Hinatsuru.

She realized Warabihime-Oiran was in fact, a demon. But to her misfortune, she couldn't make a move. The other woman was suspicious of her actions.

She drank poison and pretended to be sick in an effort to get out of the Kyogoku house. Though the moment she left, the woman gave her a mysterious looking sash.

To her surprise, Warabihime-Oiran's goal was to observe Hinatsuru, and to kill her in the end. So if anything happened, she could easily put an end to it.

A hand then made it's way towards her shoulder, she looked up at the Hashira, her eyes widened at his change of look. His eyes soften, the pale moonlight blending in with his haori making perfect harmony between it's colors, it was like he was a whole different person from before.

" You did everything you need to do. Once the medicine takes effect, get out of here as fast as you can, "

He said, his gentle voice made the tension in her muscles loosen as she nodded in response.

" I'm sure Uzui would be proud of you, "

×

Tanjiro gripped onto his sword tightly, now facing against the Upper Moon 6, Daki. This was of course, his second time encountering with an Upper Moon demon, though he never did it alone, unlike the time they faced Upper Moon 3. He wasn't sure if he could win this battle, deep down he knew he couldn't use the Breathing Techniques taught by Urokodaki, he couldn't perfect it like Giyuu.

He could use the Dance of the Fire God but due to it's raw strength, he couldn't use it consecutively.

But it's different now. I should be able to do it.

I will do it!

°°°

Have y'all seen Akaza animated like- DUDE LOOKS FINE AF BISH-

Plus short normal 1000+ words chapter cuz I just recovered from my writer's block and ye