Chapter 10: 𝐒𝐨𝐟𝐭

I've been studying some of the novels I own especially Sherlock Holmes type of book, cuz I wanted to improve my writing with more firm words so kinda huge attempt at this point, writer's block really hit me hard rn😔

°°°

My mother had always combed my hair ever since I was young. Her slender fingers gently caress my ( h/c ) locks, and I, would close my eyes at the feeling. It's what makes my hair soft to the touch, some might say it's girly or feminine but I didn't care.

Because my mother was the one who combed it, she was the one who made it soft and she loved it. Sometimes, whenever we went into the deep parts of a grove, she would pluck a flower and place it in my hair. Even better, her fingers would softly tuck my bangs behind my ear, as I feel her fingers lightly touching my cheeks.

To this day, after her death, I've done the same actions, combing my hair daily thinking it was her. My fingers tucking my bangs, thinking it was her touch.

I wouldn't say this is a habit, more of a memory of my mother.

Though as much as I tried to replicate my mother's ways, I just couldn't. The feeling of her own isn't beside me. Even if I managed to follow her exact movements, her existence isn't there.

I miss her.

×

The ground rumbled at the overwhelming amount of used powers in the fight. His ( h/c ) hair swayed with the cold night's wind, a cut across his cheek and a few scratches. His scarf flew towards somewhere far, though not too far from the area he's in. Honestly, he ever encountered demons in the category of Upper Moons. But never once did he managed to kill them.

It was tiring, he was dealing with the older sibling, Gyutarou, alongside Tanjiro. But only God knows if the young boy far across him could take it anymore. As for the other two, they are dealing with the youngest. Tengen, unfortunately, passed out.

He looked at his sword, it was still durable but could it make it out for much longer was the question.

Use it.

Can he use it, was what he wasn't sure of. You see, in Ice Breathing, there are 8 forms altogether. Though the last, 8th form is incredibly hard to master, it takes up to months of practice or even, years due to it's strong power.

And in ( Y/n )'s case. Yes, he did use it. But did he managed to fully wield it? Absolutely not.

He passed out that time during training. And passing through his years of age, he hasn't use that form since.

And what if I passed out. Who cares if I die.

" Ice Breathing, 8th Form... "

His hand gripped onto his sword's handle, holding it up towards the air. He breathed in, taking up as much air as he needed for the form to work. He could feel his lungs slowly freezing, the urge to cough was itching his throat but he tried ignored the feeling.