CHAPTER 2

Madalas ako sa mga single bars.

The reason was simple. Dito ako madalas nakaka-meet ng mga makaka-one-night-stand.

It's a natural thing for me, really.

Hindi na iba sa akin ang ganitong gawain. Every weekend, this is how i treat myself fro a week's load or work.

Sex is indeed, my hobby. My sports.

That particular night was just an ordinary night for me--or atleast to my knowledge.

I was alone in the bar, when a woman dressed in red sexy outfit came.

Naupo siya sa tapat ng bar, mga two seats inbetween my seat.

I was mesmerized immediately by her striking sex appeal.

Her face, hard to describe-- I was afraid words woundn't enough for me to give justice to her beauty-- basta't ang naaalala ko , her almond-shaped eyes na parang mata ng pusa na napakatalim, at ang kanyang mga labing mapupula.

She just sat there, na parang malungkot as I stared at her.

Other men in that cozy bar doesn't seemed to notice this beauty.

I felt lucky.

The bartender walked towards the girl the girl, pero parang hindi nito pansin ang kagandahang nasa harapan.

I heard him asked the girl for her order. The girl just smiled and told him "A glass of water, please.."

I smiled. I thought it was cute. She just asked for a glass of water.

Noon ako nag-decide.

May point of attack.

I stood up and walked towards her.

"Hi," ang bati ko.

She doesn't seem to her me at first. Her mind is in revere.

"Parang ngayon lang kita nakita dito. By the way, my name is Jake . . . "

It was a lousy introduction, I admit. Ngayon lang ako na tounge-tied sa harap ng isang babae. And I felt scared na baka maturn-off siya at i-reject agad ako.

In the past, I seldom received rejection. Hindi sa pagmamalaki, I am quiet a man. Malaking bulas at six four. Broad shoulders. Lean body. I was a basketball player during my college days, where I got to date all the beautiful girls in our school. I wasn't bad looking either. Most girls told me na animalistic ang dating ng sex appeal ko. Lalaking-lalaki. Even my voice, and the way I carry myself.

Peronang mga oras na iyon, I was so scared na hindi man lang ako pansinin ng babaing ito.

Thank God she turned her look towards me, and then smiled.

She just smiled at me.

I received that as an open oppurtunity.

I sat beside her, "My name is Jake," ang ulit ko. I was hoping she would tell me her name.

But she didn't. Instead, when the bartender came back with her glass or water, she drank it in one quip, and then looked at me behind the glass.

I felt weird, but I was so attracted to her, hindi ko na naisip na may iba akong nakitang bagay when she but the glass before her face.

Ngayon ko lang narealized what I saw...

"Do you come here often?" I asked her.

"No. . ." She answered. "Madalas ka dito?"  she asked.

"Medyo."