Chapter 2

//ACORN'S POV://

School was fine. Nothing much happened. Just boring subjects, boring classes. Boring people. PE was kind of weird. I could swear Griff was staring at me the whole time, which was strange of him. Oh well. I grabbed my backpack from my locker and headed home. On my way home I took out my phone and called my mother.

After a few rings a familiar and sweet voice spoke into the phone. "Hello? Acey! I've been waiting for your call all day! How are you? Is everything alright? How was school? Do you need us to send more money? Do you have enough food?" I chuckle, waiting for her to finish asking so many questions. "I'm fine Mom, don't worry. School was alright. Nothing much happened. How about you? Is everything alright? How's... he?" I could hear my mom changing her tone to a more silent one "I'm alright. Your father is fine, too. Though he's been getting worse... We'll be visiting you by the way!"

At hearing those words I just froze. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. I also almost dropped my phone. "Ace? Are you alright honey?" I shook my head, trying to snap back to reality. "Why are you coming here?" I said, my voice trembling, I felt tears gathering in my eyes. "Listen, love. I haven't seen you in a while and I've been missing you! You're my son, of course, I'd miss you... My heart aches knowing you're so far away and I must see you at least once in a while..." I slightly nodded as I started to walk again, swiping the tears that were rolling down my cheeks at this point. "What am I supposed to do?! M-mom I don't... I don't wanna be there... Y-you gotta understand!" I could hear my mom sniffing at the other end of the phone "Listen, love, I swear It will be fine, just... you should find somewhere you can stay until that time! You'll only have to visit us every day! We'll stay for a week. It's gonna be fine" 

My whole body shakes, trying to keep my tears back "I'll see what I can do about it, Mom..." My mom chuckled softly "Okay love, We'll be there next week, get ready until then and make sure you find a place to stay" I smiled, giggling "Alright mom, I'm up to seeing you after so much time..." We said our goodbyes and I hung up.

//GARETH'S POV://

I just left school and was about to hop inside my car when I saw a man standing in the middle of the road. He looked familiar. I was trying to make out who it was when I noticed him... shaking? Is he crying? Wait... that's Ace? Oh, that makes sense. He's such a crybaby all the fucking time anyways. I opened my car's door and got in the driver's seat.

I started the car and looked back at Ace, waiting for him to leave. I doubt he'd want me to butt into whatever he's crying about right now. I'll cut some slack for the dumbass. I noticed he was finally back to walking so I parked out and speeded off by him on the road.

I live close, fortunately, so I made it home in no time. As I arrived home, I parked my car, got out, and walked to the front door. I opened the door, stepping in. Silence. Ohhh sweet silence. My parents are on some kind of business trip so I'm all alone. My friends suggested throwing a party at my house and I... really like the idea. We'll invite a bunch of people and just... have fun.

They also told me to invite that scrawny guy. They wanted to mess with him, which was okay with me. I'll have to set up things and decide who I want to invite.

It'll be amazing.