Welcome to Paris - Chapter 1

MAYA'S P.O.V

I'll spread my wings, and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget all the ones that I lo-

"Excuse me... excuse me miss" a flight attendant startles me as I take off my headphones.

"The plane had landed about 5 minutes ago" 

"Sorry..." I mutter as I grab my things and exit the plane. 

I'm usually the alert type but today Kelly Clarkson's voice had me caught in a trance. Especially since today the lyrics to 'Breakaway' hit a little too close to home. My name is Maya Wu, and I am a 16-year-old music prodigy, as well as a future student at Paris School of the Arts. I feel bittersweet about my departure from New York, but I'm super excited to live in the City of Love with my favorite cousin Marinette and her family. Not only is Paris filled with music and love, but they have actual superheroes and villains like in an action movie! Hopefully, Marinette is as excited to see me as much as I'm excited to see her.

MARINETTE'S P.O.V

Today both Marinette AND Ladybug are taking a break because my cousin Maya is moving to Paris to live with us! She just got accepted as a music prodigy into Paris School of the Arts, she's so cool! What's even cooler is that her school is around the corner from mine! Maya and I have been closest as long as I can remember; I'd give her fashion tips and she'd teach me how to play piano. Sadly, I haven't seen her in 5 years because she lived in America, but now we can make up for lost time. So here I am today waiting in the airport waving a 'MAYA' sign excited for a new chapter in life with my favorite cousin.

"MAYA" 

"MARINETTE" we both scream each other's names in unison as we jump into a bear hug.

"I missed you so much!" I hear her say as she squeezes me tightly. Nostalgia hits me as I get a whiff of her 'Warm Vanilla' scent, just like old times. 

"I missed you so much too Marinette!" she replies as she pulls back from the hug. Maya still looks like her self, but a little older. Standing at 5'6, some may confuse her as taller due to the height her long curly hair gives her. I've always admired Maya for her looks; especially her freckles because who doesn't love freckles. 

"So girl... What's the update! Tell me everything!" she exclaims as we get inside our car to head home. 

For the rest of the ride I tell her everything that has happened in the last five years, sparing details about LadyBug and Adrien. Of course LadyBug will always be a secret, but I want her to have an in-person experience with my future lover; This way she'll understand why I'm obsessed...uh... I mean why I like him. Other than that, I can't wait her to see my school meet my friends, and fully immerse herself with Parisian culture.I know she'll love Paris and make it her new home. 

MAYA'S P.O.V

As we pull up to Marinette's home, I get a fuzzy feeling in my chest. I know this is exactly where I belong. New York was exciting and fast-paced, but I feel as though that chapter of my life is over. Time to start anew. A new life, new friends, new music, maybe even new love? 

I just know whatever it is... it's going to be fucking awesome.