Meeting the Gang - Chapter 3

MAYA'S P.O.V

Transferring to a new school ain't too bad. Even though I am a strong optimist, my friends back home thought the kids in Paris would think that I'm an alien. Well technically here I am an alien... just not the green invading earth kind (No offense to aliens, please don't invade my planet.)

But anyway, after songwriting class, the day went pretty smoothly. I went to my other music classes, met some cool people, and ate lunch with Luca. Apparently, he knows Marinette and they might be a thing?!? I knew she was holding something back from me when we were catching up, but I didn't know it was a whole person! I know I said he was cute, but we are way too similar to be an item. I'm happy my cousin's future boyfriend is kind and cool.   

Currently, I am walking over to Marinette's school because the school day just ended. I am so excited to meet the gang! 

"Maya! Over here!" I hear Marinette  yell as she waves her hands over a crowd of voices. 

I smile and walk towards the entrance of Collège Françoise Dupont, aka Marinette and her friends' High School. As I approach the gang, I get a glimpse of Alya, A guy with glasses, and a guy with blonde hair.

"Hi." I say bashfully, trying to contain my excitement.

"Hey!" the group responds energetically. 

"So guys, this is Maya. Maya, this is Nino, Adrien and of course you know Alya."

"Of course." I smile 

"Nice to see you again! You look great!" Alya says as she hugs me.

"You too." I respond. She's as nice as I remember. 

"So you're a music prodigy, that's pretty cool." Adrien says to me. 

"Right! When you become famous, I can be your DJ!" Nino chimes in as he pretends to scratch a record.

I laugh at his response. Nino is a character, I can already tell. 

"Don't mind him he's crazy." Alya rolls her eyes as she wraps her arms around him to stop his pretend DJ'ing.  Nino tries to fight back by attempting to kiss her cheek. They're a cute couple.

"C'mon Nino!" she laughs. "Guys we should Probably get going to the cafe." 

"You're right Alya! Let's go guys. I know Maya will love it!" Marinette responds as she links her arm to mine. 

MARINETTE'S P.O.V

As we appoach the cafe, Maya's eyes light up. I remember that she has a love for themed-cafes and Maxim's is a beautiful art-styled cafe. Everyone orders Caramel-Iced Coffee aside from Maya as she ordered a Matcha Green Latte. I'm taking notes to try it in the near future. 

During our group "Cafe Date" I can tell that my friends are enjoying Maya, she fits in like a glove. Luckily, my worrying about her fitting in has been keeping me from being awkward in front of Adrien. Well it's that or either the fact that he's been glued to his phone since we got here. He can't see me be awkward if he doesn't look at me. Maybe he's texting Chloe, or even worse Kagami. She's had her eyes on him since she arrived in Paris. 

"I got some good news." Adrien says as he speaks for the first time in an hour.

My heart sinks. How about if he's annoucing that he just scored or date, or has a girlfriend.

"Since my dad is out of town for a fashion shoot, Nathalie says you guys can come over to hang out for while. Are you cool with that? Maya? Marinette? 

Maybe Tikki was right, I am dramatic. 

Maya and I look at eachother and nod of heads in agreement. 

"Cool, let's go!" Nino says. 

Keep your cool Marinette. Hang out with Adrien part two, IN HIS HOUSE... but with my cousin and two other friends. It could have been like a double date if Maya wasn't coming. 

Stop Marinette. That was wrong to think. 

"Right let's go." I say.

MAYA'S P.O.V

Adrien's house was nothing like I expected it to be. Excuse my french but, this man lives in a fucking mansion. 

"Suprised." Adrien says as he sneaks up behind me. 

"What does your dad do?" I say in awe.

"He's a Fashion Designer." 

"And I'm guessing by all the pictures of you hung up, you're a model?"

He chuckles at my comment. "You are correct." 

"You're good. It takes a mixture of talent and confidence to model."

"Thanks, let's go upstairs. I'm pretty sure Marinette, Nino and Alya are tired of the tour." Adrien grabs my hand and pulls me up the stairs. I guess everyone's love language in paris is physical touch.

"This is house goals." I say as everyone chuckles. "What? In New York it's only apartments and Penthouse apartments. There's no mansions." Their laughs deepen after my statement. 

"Hello, Adrien's friends." A tall business woman says as she enters Adrien's room.

"Hey Nathalie! This is-"

"Maya Wu, Paris School of the Arts, Music Prodigy." She interrupts Adrien mid-sentence. She extends her hand. I accept it gratefully 

"How did you know?" I questioned.

"Mr. Agreste and I keep a radar on the art students for help with local fashion shows." 

"Oh that's exciting! Nice meeting you ma'am."

 "And it was nice meeting you Maya." Nathalie says as she exits the room.

"So... since you're a prodigy and all that stuff, I guess you're obligated to show us your chops." Nino says breaking the silence after Nathalie's exit. 

" No...no....no...This is a getting to know eachother day, I couldn't interrupt that." I say bashfully.

"Girl, Listening to your music is getting to know you." Alya chimes in.

"Are you guys sure?" I question. 

"YES." the group collectively yells. Marinette gives me a nod of reassurance. I guess this is songwriting class part two. 

"I have a guitar, if you can play." Adrien says handing me the six-stringed instrument.

"What part of prodigy don't you get Adrien." Alya jokes. The groupt erupts in laughter. 

Adrien doesn't respond he blushes and hands me his guitar. It might not be worth mentioning but his finger gently brushed mine. It's whatever.

It's like you got superpowers
Turn my minutes into hours
You've got more than 20/20, babe
Made of glass the way you see through me

You know me better than I do
Can't seem to keep nothing from you
How you touch my soul from the outside
Permeate my ego and my pride

I wanna love me (Ooh)
The way that you love me (Ooh)
Ooh, for all of my pretty
And all of my ugly too
I'd love to see me from your point of view

"Yes girl! Kill it!" Alya says immediately after I finished 

"I got goosebumps." Nino jokes. He's such a goof.

"I told you she was good!" Marinette flaunts. "Adrien what did you think?"

I turn to Adrien and he seemed to be in awe. Face flushed and all. My music can't be that...powerful can it?

"Wow... that was beautiful." Adrien finally breaks his silence. 

Our eyes lock for a few seconds. Maya we just met him we cannot like him after one day!

"Thank you." I mumble.

Did I mention green is my favorite color?