A New Beginning - Chapter 2

MAYA'S P.O.V

My room is huge! Uncle and Aunt Dupain-Cheng must have renovated the room so I can be comfortable. I feel so loved! As I look at my new cream-colored walls, I toss myself onto my new bed. Did I mention it was new? Sorry if I'm being annoying, but this situation for me feels so exciting. New country, new school, new dreams coming to reality; I feel like a character in a coming of age novel. We'll name it 'Tales of Maya!' 

As I lay down romanticizing the moment, I feel Marinette's vibrant energy enter my room.

"So do you like the room?" she eagerly says with pink in her cheeks.

"I love it!" I reply in reassurance 

Her big blue eyes are filled with joy. Man, I really missed my cousin. 

"So..." I say breaking the silence. "What's the plan for tomorrow after school, I'm so excited to see what Paris is like outside of being a tourist." 

"Well I was thinking that I could introduce you to some of my friends and we'd get to know each other at this cute little cafe near our schools." 

A small cute Parisian cafe? It probably has the cutest aesthetic. 

"I'm in!" I reply way too enthusiastically. I'm still in the thrill of the 'moving to another country' moment.

Marinette laughs at my response. 

"Well I'm beat, so I'll see you tomorrow! Goodnight!"  she says a she walks out the door closing it behind her.

"Goodnight." I reply tucking myself in. Drifting off soon after because of jet lag.

MARINETTE'S P.O.V (The next morning) 

"Marinette, calm down it's not YOUR first day of school." Tikki says as she helps me prepare for the day ahead. 

" I know but I'm so nervous what if she doesn't-"

"Marinette... who are you talking to?" Maya says as she enters my room. Tikki immediately flies in my purse so she isn't seen.

"Uhhh... ALYA...well..uhhh... it was Alya before I hung up." I stutter. "I was having first day jitters on your behalf." 

"Aww I remember Alya! She is hilarious!" she chuckles. "And you don't have to be nervous for me, I'll be fine so let's go!"

Maya links arms with me as we walk downstairs. That was a close call, I need to be careful so she doesn't find out about ladybug. 

MAYA'S P.O.V

Paris is beautiful. Even walking to class felt like I was strolling through a scenic route. Aside from beautifully scenery, I am finally here at Paris School of the Arts! Not gonna lie, but I am a bit nervous. There's dancers twirling around, actors practicing monologues and then there's me. The new girl who doesn't have any friends yet.

Actually no! Let's rewind and turn that statement into a positive. Then there's me Maya Wu, the bad-ass singer/songwriter who's going to take this school by storm. 

As I walk into my first class of the day, a rush of excitement enters my system. Luckily, the class is Songwriting, so there is minimal chance for me to embarrass myself. I sit down in the front of the class next to a guy with dyed blue hair, he gives me gentle smile ... and I have to mention it, he is cute. Blending in might be easier than I thought.

"Quiet down.. quiet down..." I hear the teacher say as the chatter dies down. "Before we start our lesson today i'd like to welcome a new student." 

I spoke too soon. 

"Maya." the teacher whispers as he motions me. Quietly I get up to give my little intro speech to the class.

"Hey guys, my name is Maya Wu. I'm from New York City and I am super stoked to be here." immediately after this statement I bow and attempt to head back to my seat.

"Don't sit down yet Maya, you have to show us a little something"  he says spiking my first day jitters.

"Like music?" I respond. The class laughs. 

"Yes like music." he chuckles. "Show us something you wrote."

"Ummm... okay" I say as I walk back to the front of class.

"Instrument of choice m'am" 

"I'll use the piano." I guess now would be the best time to show everyone my skills. 

As I sit down I began to press on the piano keys and sing the words from my soul.

I stay up late and I talk to the moonAnd I can't stop telling him all about youWonder if you do the same thing I do
These four white walls they know more than my friendsThey watch me type messages I'll never sendThis is the place that I just can't pretend to be alright

Is your bedroom ceiling bored like mine?Of you staring at it all the time'Cause it's seen so many nightsWhere I cry and I yell at the skyFor not telling you how I feelIs your bedroom ceiling bored like mine?

As I play the last keys on my piano, the silence in the room gets replaced with an applause. I could get used to this. 

"You are as talented as they say Ms. Wu." the teacher chimes in as he joins into the applause. "I think you'll do just fine here." 

"Thank you... uh" 

Mr. Moreau." he says shaking my hand. 

"Thank you Mr. Moreau." I give him a smile and head to my seat. When I sit down I see that there's a note on my desk. When I unfold the paper it reads. 

That performance was wicked... you are crazy talented. I can't wait to see what you do next. :)

Luka (aka Blue-Haired Boy)

I look over to him and he gives me another smile. Like I said; New Country, New possibilities.