Fake Happiness

Kaiari was slammed into the ground, while Uni tumbled after. They looked up to be greeted by a house covered in blood. The walls were covered in raw flesh and blood, the balcony was decorated with organs with heads on spars, it smelled like death. Nothing else, a intoxicating smell, Uni and Kaiari just stared at the house. Uni looked at the house with fear, while Kaiari quickly covered her face.

"W-What kind of....", before Uni could finish her sentence, they heard something. Something big, the klinking and clattering were coming from the house, it got louder; and louder.

"Priceless jewel left in the sea, a place where true gems were meant to be.

The ocean though, is big and vast. An eternal place where only true gems last.

Don't let the lure out shine, or else you'll be on the line...", A giant figure crawled out from the top of the house. The demon had scales covering its face, eyes abnormal as if they saw something that was there but unseen.

Fins like a mystical fish, no, like a shark that had found its prey. her legs were webbed with hooks stabbed through them, her right arm had tin stings coming from her webbed hand. The hair was long and wavy, like an ocean. The demon smiled with sharp teeth that filled her whole mouth. Uni stared at the demon, how many humans did she eat.

One? Ten?? No, Uni thought, this demon has eaten twenty people. The demon opened her mouth and sang.

"Betrayed the light, Betrayed us all.

You left us, and now you will fall.

You did this, you left us here.

To suffer, to cry, and to be feared.

Let's settle this fairly, you TRAITOR- ",

Kaiari slashed the demon aiming for its mouth. She cut off her jaw, and it fell to the ground, the demon screamed in pain and Kaiari jumped back to Uni to stand her ground.

    "Just shut up already, it's not like we care.", Kaiari shoved Uni a bit who was still in shock. "Uni, move!-", that's when she noticed the sparkling gem in front of her, with a closer look Kaiari saw, "Kaiari-Chan, would you like to help me make medicine for everyone.", It was like Shinobu was talking to her. To Kaiari, her student. She was hesitant to go, till she saw Uni in the corner of her eye, and snapped out of it.

The demon slammed her hands onto the roof of the house and it opened like a book, a book filled with horror and no happy ending. Blood pooled out of the house and revealed piles of corpses, some were hooked like fish, some layed there dismembered.

"Tomioka...You're home....I thought you'd never come back..", Uni cried while holding the blue gem in hand.

"UNI WAKE UP!! IT'S NOT REAL!!", she went to grab the gem out of her hands only to see a hook fly at her. "GHHAAAAHHHHH", the demon screamed and attacked a hook into Kaiari's hand and pulled her towards the demon. It was too fast! Kaiari tried to pull out her blade, but the demon was quicker.

    Kaiari was able to dodge the spear the demon threw, but stabbed her side.

"P....PA...PAIN...!", she screeched.

"Butterfly Dance: Caprice!!", Kaiari jumped back, and launched herself towards the demon, she drew her blade similar to Shinobu's and pierced the demon. Injecting poison into her. She landed on the ground, and cutted the string that was holding the gem from Uni. "T-Tomioka!!", Kaiari shook Uni.

"We are in a battle, it wasn't real. Now get up and-",

"............."

"...................."

"Fourth Form: Striking Tide.", In an instant the demon was beheaded, a wave of water flowed as Uni decapitated the demon. Uni landed, she just stood there quietly in a pool of blood. Kaiari walked to Uni and placed her hand on her shoulder. "We should go.", Kaiari and Uni returned to the girl and informed her that her sister was gone, but Uni remained silent.

    Once they returned, Uni went straight into her room, and Kaiari went to report to Shinobu. "Uni and I encountered a demon, I was wounded, but Uni took the demon down. She hasn't been the same since then, she's quiet.", Shinobu raised a brow.

    "Do you think you know what happened?", Kaiari sat there for a moment.

"She muttered something about Tomioka.", she said.

Shinobu nodded, "Uni arrived here when she was young, about 8. She's been training to use the water breath up till now. Uni had grown attached to Tomioka, and he hadn't come back in 8 months.", Kaiari nodded.

"I'm sure she'll be fine, lets go treat your wound now.",

"That wouldn't be necessary Miss Shinobu.", She nodded.

"Of course, but still allow me to check if any more damage has been done.", they both walked into Shinobu's office.

Dear Tomioka,

I was able to defeat the demon who was raining havoc on a small village I was assigned, I hope that when you read this you'll be in good

Health. I've been so worried about you since you've been gone, I'm sorry if these letters

Are bothering you. But please, respond as soon as you can.

-Uni

Uni laid her head down onto her desk and sighed, "I thought you actually came home...", she muttered under her breath

KAW

She looked over to her window to see her crow, Kumo. Kumo flew over to Uni, and rubbed his head against her finger.

"Thank you for loving me, Kumo. Can you deliver this letter to Tomioka-San for me?", Kumo nodded and allowed Uni to tie the letter to his leg. She opened the window and he flew away, Uni watched Kumo leave into the night.

    Uni yawned and changed out of her uniform, and drifted off into sleep.

( @AnimeWolfy13 for this collab! Check out Redeem on her platform, till the next chapter)

KAW

Tomoika looked up to see a crow holding a letter, he held out his arm and the crow landed.

"Another letter..?"